• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Plotter- Blades

NEGD

We use 60degree, titanium Mimaki blades for our plotter. It seems recently that I have to replace the blade every few months or so. Would love some input as to how often others are replacing their blades and your set of circumstances.

Thanks!

Nuagedesigns

All depends on materials going through the machine and usage. We can go through 1 a week to 1 every couple of months its hard to put a life expectancy on them. We use eBay blades from china and haven't had any issues.

NEGD

its hard to put a life expectancy on them. We use eBay blades from china and haven't had any issues.

Do you use different degree blades for different materials?

We utilize the same blade for all materials, and have been manufacturing a lot of cut vinyl. I assume this is normal wear but just wanted to get some suggestions.

Also, I was just one eBay and the prices are significantly less then the blades I get directly from Mimaki. You don't see a quality difference?