Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki Plotter- Blades

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by NEGD, Aug 2, 2011.

1. NEGD

NEGD Member

Jun 7, 2011
    We use 60degree, titanium Mimaki blades for our plotter. It seems recently that I have to replace the blade every few months or so. Would love some input as to how often others are replacing their blades and your set of circumstances.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Nuagedesigns

Nuagedesigns Member

May 7, 2007
    Seymour, CT
    All depends on materials going through the machine and usage. We can go through 1 a week to 1 every couple of months its hard to put a life expectancy on them. We use eBay blades from china and haven't had any issues.

3. NEGD

NEGD Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Do you use different degree blades for different materials?

We utilize the same blade for all materials, and have been manufacturing a lot of cut vinyl. I assume this is normal wear but just wanted to get some suggestions.

Also, I was just one eBay and the prices are significantly less then the blades I get directly from Mimaki. You don't see a quality difference?