• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UCJV300-160 - After one week of use..

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
Please look at this picture..

Attachments

• 2339DA8C-0B1A-43DA-8222-BF9A3760662A.jpeg
    2339DA8C-0B1A-43DA-8222-BF9A3760662A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,735

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
Attached you will see what I have been experiencing since day 1!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,374
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,371
  • AEC08EA2-4541-420C-AAE7-AAD42BBD12AC.jpeg
    AEC08EA2-4541-420C-AAE7-AAD42BBD12AC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,287

zeek

I think you need try a manual cleaning under the head with washing liquid , you need to verify you dont have air in head and ink damper.

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
I think you need try a manual cleaning under the head with washing liquid , you need to verify you dont have air in head and ink damper.
I have tried all of this, I air purged, I cleaned manually, did nozzle wash etc. etc nothing works. If you look at my picture with the test prints I indicate everything that was done before each test print. Thanks again for your reply .

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
hello, the cappings are not aligned, or too far, it was mine too.

if the cappings are not parallel to the head print, mine were obliquemust, behind almost touching, in front were 3 mm low

adjust the '' Station Height Adjustment '' mechanical adjustment by means of screws
there are 4 screws, 3 are to be adjusted, one is fixed on the back left, the other 3 screws should keep a distance as close as possible to 5 mm from the floor, so they must be adjusted accordingly bring the station capping parallel to the head print, then the centerings must be adjusted with the fork, and the distances(3 capping positions)

+
there are 3 capping positions (regulation via service menu)

[HASHTAG]#CAPPING[/HASHTAG]
Empty suction 0,5 mm

FLUSHING POS 1mm

PURGE POS. 0.5 mm

if these distances are not correct, while printing the sprays dirty the cappings, mine were all over 5mm
for safety I was further than 0.5 mm and the situation has improved considerably

Then......., air spurge or fill ink, deep manual cleaning, that crap around the capping does not have to be there, and perfectly dry the capping rubber perimeter, 2-3 disway wash, 1-2 heand nozzle, other manual cleaning and all will work
Thanks for the info! I will try this.

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
Well good news! Mark Noden from mimaki Canada spent 3 days working on our machine and finally found the problem before calling it quits. Turns out the feed belt was slipping causing feed instability every time we tried to print at lower passes and higher speed. The issue is finally resolved. Thanks to Mark, our dealer All graphics supplies and Mimaki for all there help. I would strongly suggest anyone who has this issue to contact Mimaki as they are now fully aware of the cause and fix for this issue. We will be running our UCJV for a few weeks and if all goes well order the second one. Still no news as to why the white ink smears off with water but they will get back to me with information after testing. As for the nozzles dropping during print that had something to do with proper capping adjustment and a few other fine tuning details that needed to be addressed. Just happy to be printing, finally!

zeek

Well good news! Mark Noden from mimaki Canada spent 3 days working on our machine and finally found the problem before calling it quits. Turns out the feed belt was slipping causing feed instability every time we tried to print at lower passes and higher speed. The issue is finally resolved. Thanks to Mark, our dealer All graphics supplies and Mimaki for all there help. I would strongly suggest anyone who has this issue to contact Mimaki as they are now fully aware of the cause and fix for this issue. We will be running our UCJV for a few weeks and if all goes well order the second one. Still no news as to why the white ink smears off with water but they will get back to me with information after testing. As for the nozzles dropping during print that had something to do with proper capping adjustment and a few other fine tuning details that needed to be addressed. Just happy to be printing, finally!
Wonderfull, thank too share the problem ! please keep us inform if you have news about the problem of white ink, mimaki europe don't answer me for the moment … it's a very big problem when you Print PET films !

Feed instability sounds like a go to, i'm very curious to see someone with success with this application with their machine equipped with the ionizer attachment

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
Feed instability sounds like a go to, i'm very curious to see someone with success with this application with their machine equipped with the ionizer attachment
We have the ionizer attachment. I must say we don’t need it really. Works fine without it.

lubo1972

Hi, we found very high ink consumption with our UCJV300. We have 3 other UV printers and there we have 7-8 ml/sq.m overal. With UCJV we have 16-18 ml/sq.m.!

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
Hi, we found very high ink consumption with our UCJV300. We have 3 other UV printers and there we have 7-8 ml/sq.m overal. With UCJV we have 16-18 ml/sq.m.!
Yes I definitely agree. Same here. The ink consumption is exexivly high. Also Our issues have returned. Still experiencing feed problems causing banding once again. Also the white inks not curing remain a big problem for us. Still waiting on a fix. Still waiting for an official and fully functional driver from Caldera. This will be the last time we buy a printer before it’s official release.

lubo1972

I have made a test, one file with 100% black ink text only, ripped with default profile for Orafol 3164 makes 4,5ml usage. If I make color replacement with Black only ink, I've got 2,2ml usage! We have UJF3042-MK2 also and there ink usage is very low compared to UCJV per square meter. So I think that profiles on UCJV was made to use too much CMY for dark colors instead of Black.

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
UPDATE!! The white inks have been switched over to LUS200 and they are now rock solid. No more issues with the white ink. Also the chromatic banding issue is 95% resolved. It is not perfect, although with enough patience and tampering it can be. With the right dot gain and feed comp adjustments applied through testing we are very satisfied running it at 16 pass. I have to thank and give props to Mark Noden from Mimaki Canada for being relentless at getting to the bottom of these issues. Id be glad to help any of you with any questions should you consider purchasing one in the future. Cheers!

morty87

Dang your issues went on for 6 months though? How much money do you figure you have lost and stress etc. That machine would have been out the door within first month. You're patience is pretty remarkable!

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
Dang your issues went on for 6 months though? How much money do you figure you have lost and stress etc. That machine would have been out the door within first month. You're patience is pretty remarkable!
Well your right. But we had faith they would resolve our issues. Our biggest disappointment is that even after all of what we went through they didn’t compensate us at all. We even want to commit to buying a second one right away and mimaki won’t even give us a rebate or extended warranty. That is what we are most upset about at the moment. All they offered was to extend my current warranty on the first printer by 6 months, but hold on!... ONLY if I buy a second printer. Can you believe that? They should ship me 8 sets of ink, a dozen rolls of wallpaper and extend my warranty regardless if I buy a second one or not! They just installed a different ink set type .. what’s to say there are no issues after running it a couple of months? Well it will be my problem because there will be no warranty left to cover it. Very very disappointed with mimaki’s attitude. We are looking at the Mutoh as an option for a second printer just because of there lack of understanding and zero willingness to make right on what they have put us through.

equippaint

The fact that they were diligent and fixed the problem should mean something. I can see your side of it but ive been on the other side as well. An extended warranty should be given regardless but its not fair to expect a company to give everyone a bunch of stuff everytime they have a problem. Its a machine and problems should be expected.
You have experience with mimaki making good on their machine, theres no telling how mutoh would have treated the same situation.
Another consideration is with a warranty, giving stuff that goes against their warranty terms (rebates for inconsequential damages) can nullify their terms and open them up to lawsuits and other issues.

morty87

Well your right. But we had faith they would resolve our issues. Our biggest disappointment is that even after all of what we went through they didn’t compensate us at all. We even want to commit to buying a second one right away and mimaki won’t even give us a rebate or extended warranty. That is what we are most upset about at the moment. All they offered was to extend my current warranty on the first printer by 6 months, but hold on!... ONLY if I buy a second printer. Can you believe that? They should ship me 8 sets of ink, a dozen rolls of wallpaper and extend my warranty regardless if I buy a second one or not! They just installed a different ink set type .. what’s to say there are no issues after running it a couple of months? Well it will be my problem because there will be no warranty left to cover it. Very very disappointed with mimaki’s attitude. We are looking at the Mutoh as an option for a second printer just because of there lack of understanding and zero willingness to make right on what they have put us through.
I would have shipped it back right off the hop. I have a mutoh 1624..pretty good for me. Good luck with your system.