• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UCJV300-160 supply ink error.. HELP

Hi im frm india and ...
I bought a Mimaki UV printer 5 months ago and since its install an error popping up "Supply ink :Y______" & sometimes "Supply ink :C______"
And the machine stops until i reboot it again,
an engineer frm mimaki kept trying to resolve this issue by changing its slider board, main board, sub tank n connectors and other settings like updating machine soft ver. & pump pressure settings etc.. for the past 5 months but the machine would work for a day or two and then same error pops up :(

Can someone help n guide me as to what to do to cure this error permanently? I will be very thankful to you.

Martin Denton

It seems to me that your cartridges may be out of date, check the expiry date on them. (printed on the side of the cart) But I would really expect aMimakii engineer to spot that so could be wrong... Have your tried swapping cartridges out?

It seems to me that your cartridges may be out of date, check the expiry date on them. (printed on the side of the cart) But I would really expect aMimakii engineer to spot that so could be wrong... Have your tried swapping cartridges out?

thanks Martin for the reply
i checked the expiry date on the bottles and they're not expired yet. i've swapped the ink bottles but the error still remains, like i said earlier the mimaki engineer couldn't rectify this issue, so i thought that i'd post here and may be i can get some help. thanks again

Susan Stewart

I have a Mimaki, but it's a different model.(JFX200-2513) I sometimes see this message, then I fill the subtank. I don't know if this is an option for your machine or not, but I thought I would throw it out there anyways. I hit the Function button. Then scroll down to Maintenance, hit enter. Then scroll down to subtank, chose which one you want to fill up, hit enter. Then it says execute, hit enter, and that fills up the subtank and supplies the machine with ink.

Thanks Susan for the reply, yes i've tried filling up the subtank and it shows same error while filling up and after that it runs for sometime and the same error pos up and the thing is that only Cyan and Yellow show this error

lubo1972

We had same problem with UJF3042MKII. Tech replace something under the bottle and error disapears. I think it was something like damper.

lubo1972

We had same problem with our UJF with LUS120 inks in bottles. Tech change something like damper inside under the bottle. Error disapears.

L.D

Are you getting 61A and 61B errors? Have you tried running “Overflow” in the maintenance menu? Also, I would verify that the float sensors on the ink supply tanks are working properly. The sub tanks above the printheads have built in filters and sensors so verify they are not saturated with ink. You may want to verify negative and positive pressures are set to the recommended settings.

Thanks lubo1972 and L.D for your replies
As for the machine, Mimaki india took the machine to their warehouse (after i threatened them wth legal action) for further testing as to why this error keep popping up even after numerous tech visits failed to resolve it and meanwhile they installed another demo machine at my office so that i could continue my work until the error is 100% rectified on my machine and they've asked for a months time to find and resolve this error or else they'd have to replace my machine wth a new one.
And yes L.D i was getting 61A and 61B errors but i didn't try running overflow in the maintenance menu but i did try to fill ink from menu & it'd give same error during filling up but would also run for sometime without any error after that.
I am also waiting for a in depth report from mimaki as to what was the reason behind this error..
and thanks again for your help guys.

TA04

Hey! "Supply ink" mean in the subtank dont have ink. The question ist why... Maybe the machine had a overflow and this make damage the subtank.
Pleas check in the machine information which error the machine had at last days. You can check too the waste pump in test menu if all is correctly.
Check this two point pleas.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Is there any error message with the supply ink message?
Check your positive and negative air.

IPreferPC

I'm in at work just now to do routine maintenance in times of covid. The printer was in a crashed state 'pump sensor fail'. I restarted, did a nozzle check, and barely a single one fired. Turned machine off, back on, then I got this fill ink error. Trying the overflow now.... Fill ink only gives the same error (61b)

Overflow has finished and nothing's changed. Still says' supply ink: Y

Ucjv300-160

Print Master 03

Try returnt this printer to dealer :) I mean you cant solve this problem and you need ask help from Service Mimaki. Last printer Mimaki not good I advice you see to Roland side.

IPreferPC

The error went away after a restart, and then performed perfectly since... Maybe a brain fart? We'll see. Otherwise, it's an impeccable printer. We've had it too long to return now anyway

maxy82

Please did anyone find a solution to ink overflow error??

I have similar issue in UCJV150-160 single head machine.

The positive and negative pressure are with in range and set properly.

The sub tank assy has been replaced.

The level sensor have been cross checked and working fine.

Please assist.

Miftah

Dis

Please assist.

Did you manage to solve the problem?
Seems this is the common issue in ucjv

ivanngonly

Please assist.
hi,
I encounter same issue which the tech change everything from the printhead there all the way to the ink value which is the last item he changed. So many parts all replaced till the ink value then fixed the issue! Actually the sequence should be change the HELL ink value as it contain the metal spring which is the main cause mostly. I made a video which i fix another overflow whichout replacing any new parts. just take out the spring and stretch it replace it back will fix the issue. This will happen in time as there is 8 of the ink value unless u stretch all 8 of the metal spring. The ink is flow out gravity and is stop by the value, once the damper detect overflow it will should close the value. if the spring wearout or not strong enough it will leak and overflow occurs thats my 2 cents view.

Youtube link - Mimaki Error 61A ink Overflow

regards
Ivan