• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki UCJV300-160 White ink Leak

netsol

You can just replace the silicone tubing inside the pump, not too hard (messy), dirt cheap and it's a good thing to do every few years. Just a peristaltic pump run by a stepper. Just unclamp the body, measure the silicone tubing, cut new bits, move the fittings, clamp the lines (zip ties work, but spring clamps are best), install the tubes, lubricate with a bit of silicone grease and reassemble.
I often suggest purchasing. New pump. Simple repair, back up and running in no time.
THEN
at your leisure, REPAIR THE BAD PUMP, put it in the PARTS CLOSET OR CABINET
or START ONE, if you haven’t started collecting spares

the next time, in a oinch, you can sub that pump for one of the others & perhaps not have the choice of 1-1/2 down days, expensive overnight shipping and pissing away an expensive Ink cartridge

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Yup, no real "wrong way" to do it between rebuild or replace. Do what works best for you.

netsol

MY MP31 white cartridge is twice the price of one of the others
Yup, no real "wrong way" to do it between rebuild or replace. Do what works best for you.
i just figure someone who has never done it before is guaranteed success
after that he feels like a pro and he’s got enough confidence if the rebuild has a couple unexpected wrinkles

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
Can you all tell me what you pay for Mimaki ink?
I’m about to start a business selling inks for Mimaki printers and want to know how much we can save you.

netsol

Can you all tell me what you pay for Mimaki ink?
I’m about to start a business selling inks for Mimaki printers and want to know how much we can save you.
Bruce
is there REALLY a difference in formulation (besides the different generations,, eco sol, eco sol max, eco sol max 2, etc)
is the mimaki formulation for their inks DIFFERENT, than roland or mutoh? (comparing apples to apples)
I joke and say the printer is just the big metal box that keep the printhead from falling on the floor

willkho

Wondering where do you guys getting the parts from?
In Australia, I couldn't get them except from mimaki.
Thanks

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Reading safety data sheets helps on inks. Sometimes, solvents that are hazardous get changed over to more benign substances. Stuff like pigments, stabilizers, flow agents and so on are also important. Some inks jet at higher temperatures or voltages, or require different heads. Sure, most of the formulation between the same types of ink will be largely the same. However, some inks with even slight differences can cause major issues if mixed. Some inks have adhesion promoters and wetting agents that can cause major issues if left in a system that has incompatible ink already in it. Things can get even crazier when you get into UV and oil inks as well, lots of potential with incompatibility. That said, I think good aftermarket ink manufacturers can have ink as good as or better than OEMs. More aftermarket vendors in the UV ink space would be nice, but solvent inks are a crazy competitive field. Some more aqueous pigment inks are nice too, but there's not a ton of demand for those it seems.