• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UJF-3042 How /Switch LH-100 to LF-140 Ink set

Tipgypsy

Have two early Mimaki UJF-3042 s (non fx) They were set up for LH-100 rigid inks I have gone thru both machines cleaned & replaced filters / ink lines heads , etc . I need to get them working with the LF-140 ink set but looks like they were designed before LF 140 inks came out . Everyone says they should work fine with the new ink set - Manuals and firmware have nothing other than the LH-100 inks . Plan is to order a set of chips for LH-100 s and use them on LF-140 carts - Machine should think its using LH-100 ink and be happy - I have 600ml set for bags and a set of 220ml blanks

Has anyone found a workaround for using LF-140 on the older UJF-3042's , Is there a better way to do this ? Many thanks .

Tipgypsy

I never did get an answer on this one - I ended up using LH100 chips on LF-140 Original cartridges and using the LH-100 profiles - Needed to clean the Ink Lines with acetone and change the Dampers and it works very well . There is a lot of work involved so dont recommend this unless your a hands on type person . I bought a set of Refillable cartridges on Ali express and they were a waste of money Just use the Good stuff and swap chips .
Cheers.

TA04

The 3042 works fine with LF140, sure. Check by "ink typ" under maintenace menu. You can change the ink typ.