Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki UJF-7151 plus Unresponsive

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Smartish, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Smartish

Smartish New Member

Jan 27, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Our 7151 recently started acting up and is now basically unresponsive when any button is pressed. I came into work on Monday and the screen displayed the "power off; press enter key" menu. Seemed frozen but began to work briefly. I was able to print 3 runs. On the 4th, the printer stopped halfway through the job and returned to the "power off; press enter key" menu. I was able to exit the menu by restarting the machine via switch. I restarted the job and the same thing happened. This time the machine froze completely. The machine will not turn off when I hit enter, and I can't exit the menu by pressing the "end" button. I turned the machine off with the switch on the side, restarted raster link, unplugged USB, unplugged power, replugged everything; NOTHING. The menu screen seems to randomly "fix" itself and returns to the main menu after a while, but it is inconsistent and the buttons still do not work. The machine is not recognized in rasterlink. When the menu is frozen, the clock still moves forward indicating a possible PCB failure. I took the menu panel out and reconnected the PCB ribbon cables. Still nothing.

We currently use RasterLink6Plus v. 1.9 and the V2.60 firmware on the machine.

We also use a UJF-6042 MkII that is working fine with RasterLink.

Any information on this issue would be very helpful.

2. TD Digital

TD Digital Member

Jun 1, 2020
    Can you boot up into FW/Update mode? I would try reloading firmware and start simple by replacing the printer cable. I have seen odd things happen with poor data transmission.