• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki USB driver / windows 7

SAS

Does anyone know if Mimaki has a usb driver for windows 7 the only driver I see on mimakiusa is for 2000/xp and vista?

Mike Larsen

The vista driver works for 7, I just bought a new puter with 7 for my cg 60 st cutting plotter did all the usual downloads including that one but I had to upgrade my old cable.I went to radio shack bought the 6ft usb-a to serial cable and ran thier driver install cd. I also had to go to prolific.com and download thier usb to serial bridge driver installer in order to install my usb 2.0 driver on windows 7. Just got up and running & I hope this helps you.

serverjohn

I am trying to get a Mimaki CG-160 FX to work on windows xp 64 bit operating system. I downloaded the new drivers from Mimaki and followed the directions but to no avail. Anyone got any suggestions?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I doubt you will be able to get it to work. x64 drivers for Vista and Windows 7 are significantly different than for x64 Windows XP and Mimaki never make any drivers for x64 versions of Windows XP.

Freese

I am trying to get a Mimaki CG-160 FX to work on windows xp 64 bit operating system. I downloaded the new drivers from Mimaki and followed the directions but to no avail. Anyone got any suggestions?
Firewire?

Are you using Rasterlink?

bbeens

Maybe COM or LPT port. My CG-FX had a port other than USB, can't remember if it was COM, but that sounds right. If you must use USB than fall back to an OS that Mimaki does support. Take a look at the mimaki.co.jp site NOT the Mimakiusa.com - some reason the download sites differ. I have had better luck with the Japanese site.

Reminder to all the rest out there, check all devices before changing OSes. Painful lesson.

Bryan

serverjohn

Hey guys thanks for all your responses. Talked to a tech at advantage who had come across this problem before. Mimaki doesn't support the usb for 64 bit windows xp. However you can use the 9 pin serial connection because it isn't dependent on operating system. Interesting side point you can hook up one pc via usb and one via the serial... So i am told. Haven't tested it out yet have to find a specific serial cable for the mimaki(i guess the graftech works too).

Reelimpatient

okay, so after reading this I'm a bit concerned. I just got a JV33-16 with Raskerlink 5 pro SG and a power house PC with i7 16gb ram running win 10 Pro. Will I not be able to run the printer with this OS version ?
So far, in rasterlink 5 pro printer management, I cannot get it to see the printer and have downloaded the Mimaki windows drivers straight from mimakiusa.com.

Help ! I have several hours in this and getting discouraged as you may imagine. Thanks !

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That setup should work fine. Is the printer powered on and the USB plugged in when you add it in the manager? If not, it won't show up.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you have the current driver installed and is still doesn't see it, there may be damage to the USB connection on the printer or possible a bad USB cable. When you plug the machine in to the computer, it should make a sound and a little bubble should pop up in the bottom right of the screen telling you that the computer sees that a printer has been plugged in. If that isn't happening, either the driver is malfunctioning or the printer USB is broken.

just my two cents: my machine works only with USB 2, it does not work with USB 3 (blue plug or SS inscription)

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Uninstall the 4.20 drivers. Then go back to Mimaki's site and get an earlier version of the drivers.... Then install the older drivers. The newer 4.20 drivers were really created to add support for the new UCJV machines. The older drivers also work perfectly fine.