• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mirror Glass cutting vector shapes

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
If you had the proper (i.e., glass cutting) attachment- assuming your table can use other tools besides the spindle for cutting- it's easily doable.

johnnysigns

I thought real glass was better with water jet technology, but I'd love to hear more if there's tooling for a CNC to cut glass.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Mirrored acrylic with a CNC or a laser would be my choice. I personally don't have a laser but I have been told that you need to be careful because the reflection can bounce the light back and cause some funky cuts.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
Mirrored acrylic with a CNC or a laser would be my choice. I personally don't have a laser but I have been told that you need to be careful because the reflection can bounce the light back and cause some funky cuts.
I've heard the same, just got a couple of scraps from a buddy to play with recently but haven't had time to do anything with them yet, I was kinda figuring on cutting it from the back so the bounce didn't screw up anything in the machine. At least that's my current thought process.

Andrew Heiner

Acrylic mirror cuts very easy on a router. Laser works great as well, just cut from back.
Real glass mirror scores easily with the correct attachment, but actually making the score run where you want takes trial and error. It's all about perfect pressure, also If you don't have a head that can align with the direction of the cut, this will be very difficult to get it to cut some shapes.