• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing black

Sagan4862

Im printing on an HP9000s running ONYX. It seems the black is completly non existant. In the color band on the outside the black isnt showing up but all the other colors are present. Image on the left is what it should look like right is what it turned out to be. What are possible causes of this and what can i do to fix it?

Thanks

Attachments

• eye.jpg
    eye.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 95

AbstractInk

Soak the heads

I would try soaking the heads overnight in the wiper solution using the head soaking kit. After you see some black ink on the pad run a strong recovery a few times to see if that helps bring it back.

You can also try gently removing and replacing the ink cartridge with a new one, making sure it has a secure connection.

If that doesn't work you may need a new head or a new pump. Call your tech. I see this was posted a while ago, hopefully you have found the answer by now. Best of luck.

petepaz

might sound silly but are you sure there is black ink in the cart.?
i had that on my roland once and turned out the chip on the cart. was bad or not reading right for some reason so the computer was telling me i had ink but the cart. was really empty