• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing color in JF 1631

LaserMan

We run 6 color inks (CMYKmcWW). Missing the Light Cyan.

So, I changed my first ever print head. After it was installed, the test draw looked great. I did all the adjustments (angle adj and back-forward adj). Finished up with those and the test draw was perfect. I finished up real last in the night so i was happy and didn't run a sample run.

Next day, the light cyan was missing in the test draw. Did a standard clean...nothing. Ink fill up, nothing. I double and triple checked my capping alignment. Nothing.

I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this. When i changed the print head, i also changed the Damper and the rubber cap. The ink flowed through the damper after i installed it. I will say, the damper now only has a little ink in the circular area now.

Thoughts anyone?

artbot

don't know much about that printer. but air in the damper after install means your fittings are leaking air into the system.

LaserMan

That's the thing. It was perfect after i installed everything. The damper filled up fine and the test draw was perfect. Then, the next day it's not printing at all and the damper just doesn't look like it's filling up now.

Thoughts? I've aligned the cap several times.

artbot

can you pull a damper, with a syringe fill the damper manually. now let the damper hang for several minutes. look to see if the ink level starts to go down.

when doing an ink fill there is usually enough vacuum to allow the pumps to pull, even with a leak. also there's a trick, paint the top of the cap edge with ink. now park the carriage. inspect the bottom of the head to assure alignment.