Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing font CRIPPLING flexi HEEEEELLLP!!!!

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by os101king, May 26, 2010.

1. os101king

os101king Active Member

Did it this time. Evidently I deleted the font that Flexi uses to indicate color in the Fill/Stroke Editor. Result? The text it defaulted to is too large and resizes the tool, and since the box the tool is in is NON adjustable it is essentially hiding a button or two.

Anyone know which text Flexi uses to indicate color in that box?? I'm at a serious loss here. It's got to be windows-centric because I re-installed Flexi and no luck. I'm running 8.1v1.

Tags:
  2. signgal

signgal Very Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    I'm using 7.6v2 and I don't understand where you mean... my fill/stroke editor window doesn't use a font to indicate color

3. os101king

os101king Active Member

What I mean is when you look at that tool and you have a solid fill selected (or a gradient) there's a name for that color/gradient. The font that that is in, wherever that's drawn from. It's text so it can change with the selection. Hold on. I'll post a screenshot.

[​IMG]

So you see where it says Dark Grey? Notice that thats not how it normally appears? It changes the scaling of the tool, obscuring some of the options that normally appear.

[​IMG]

4. signgal

signgal Very Active Member

Dec 29, 2009
    I see what you mean, now... did you try resetting to default? I guess to answer your question, I don't know what the name of the font is.

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    in windows did you delete the fonts? are they not in the recycle bin?

6. os101king

os101king Active Member

Teri, yes. jhill yes and no. I thought I was only deleting some of the crappy free fonts I'd downloaded over the years. No such luck. Need to find out what font that is so I can find and reinstall it.

7. Rodi

Rodi Very Active Member

Aug 3, 2007
    What OS are you using? Try loading Verdana, I think that may be the culprit.

8. J Hill Designs

Sep 24, 2004
    microsoft sans serif? filename would be micross.ttf

9. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    look on the flexi install disc for the fonts, (not the fonts disc) and compare to yours. You should be able to narrow it down.

10. os101king

os101king Active Member

No such animal. Went through every folder and subfolder on the disc. No fonts at all. There are two "data.cab" files I can't open. They show up as .rar but they're not.

11. os101king

os101king Active Member

... and micross.ttf is safe and sound in the fonts folder. It's an open type though.. might I have deleted the true type version? I don't see MS Sans Serif in the Flexi fonts folder..... I see MS Reference Sans Serif......

12. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    pretty sure is would have been one of the windows fonts...

Make sure you have Ariel, Tahoma, & Verdana installed in your windows fonts folder.

13. J Hill Designs

Sep 24, 2004
    when I looked at the color Gold in my flexi fill/stroke dialogue, it is not verdana, tahoma, or arial (the G is different)

14. joeshaul

joeshaul Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Generally MS Sans Serif is used for common dialog components/labels.

I'm unsure if there is any way to override this, but you might want to try restoring your Windows Theme, which can be done by minimizing everything, right clicking on the desktop, go to properties, under Theme, select Windows Classic or XP, or whatever you prefer (I always set mine to Windows Classic).

15. os101king

os101king Active Member

Odd, my last post that I left yesterday did NOT actually post even though I saw it. Ok, the people at SAi responded to my query almost instantly and sent me the correct font!!! It WAS MS Sans Serif, but for some reason it came up as another name when they sent the font. Who knows. Point being, it's fixed and thanks again for all the suggestions!:notworthy: