• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing font CRIPPLING flexi HEEEEELLLP!!!!

os101king

Did it this time. Evidently I deleted the font that Flexi uses to indicate color in the Fill/Stroke Editor. Result? The text it defaulted to is too large and resizes the tool, and since the box the tool is in is NON adjustable it is essentially hiding a button or two.

Anyone know which text Flexi uses to indicate color in that box?? I'm at a serious loss here. It's got to be windows-centric because I re-installed Flexi and no luck. I'm running 8.1v1.

signgal

I'm using 7.6v2 and I don't understand where you mean... my fill/stroke editor window doesn't use a font to indicate color

os101king

What I mean is when you look at that tool and you have a solid fill selected (or a gradient) there's a name for that color/gradient. The font that that is in, wherever that's drawn from. It's text so it can change with the selection. Hold on. I'll post a screenshot.

fl

So you see where it says Dark Grey? Notice that thats not how it normally appears? It changes the scaling of the tool, obscuring some of the options that normally appear.

FLEXISAMPLE1.jpg

signgal

I see what you mean, now... did you try resetting to default? I guess to answer your question, I don't know what the name of the font is.

os101king

Teri, yes. jhill yes and no. I thought I was only deleting some of the crappy free fonts I'd downloaded over the years. No such luck. Need to find out what font that is so I can find and reinstall it.

mark in tx

look on the flexi install disc for the fonts, (not the fonts disc) and compare to yours. You should be able to narrow it down.

os101king

No such animal. Went through every folder and subfolder on the disc. No fonts at all. There are two "data.cab" files I can't open. They show up as .rar but they're not.

os101king

... and micross.ttf is safe and sound in the fonts folder. It's an open type though.. might I have deleted the true type version? I don't see MS Sans Serif in the Flexi fonts folder..... I see MS Reference Sans Serif......

Malkin

pretty sure is would have been one of the windows fonts...

Make sure you have Ariel, Tahoma, & Verdana installed in your windows fonts folder.

joeshaul

Generally MS Sans Serif is used for common dialog components/labels.

I'm unsure if there is any way to override this, but you might want to try restoring your Windows Theme, which can be done by minimizing everything, right clicking on the desktop, go to properties, under Theme, select Windows Classic or XP, or whatever you prefer (I always set mine to Windows Classic).

os101king

Odd, my last post that I left yesterday did NOT actually post even though I saw it. Ok, the people at SAi responded to my query almost instantly and sent me the correct font!!! It WAS MS Sans Serif, but for some reason it came up as another name when they sent the font. Who knows. Point being, it's fixed and thanks again for all the suggestions!:notworthy: