• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mobile/Laptop Vinyl Cutting Software

siphon56

Hello Everyone,
I am looking for vinyl-cutting software for my business. We do phone and laptop wraps. We were thinking of using Illustrator and vector cut files for it. But buying vector cut files for all the phone models and laptops would cost us a lot. Can anyone suggest any software for this? Thanks
PS: We have graphtec plotter (CE 7000-60).

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I'm a little confused by your question- are you looking for software suggestions to create the vector files, or plot them?
With Illustrator, you basically have what you need- just download the Graphtec Cutting Master plug-in.
You don't mention what printer you're using for your wraps, but your RIP software probably has an option for making cut files that align with your prints.

If you're looking for a software with the vector files pre-made- well, I don't know what might have that. You can still use Illustrator- Measure the piece you're covering an create the cut file. Alternately, scan in the case/phone/whatever and create the cut file using it as a "template".

netsol

are you looking to compile a database of dimensions & outlines of the various models?
similar to vehicle templates, for wrap installers?

there is no software package that will provide the premade templates for you. you, or SOMEONE needs to do the work of scanning and MEASURING DEVICES, laying out the "holes" for camera lens, microphone, power and voume buttons, IF I AM UNDERSTNDING THE QUESTION

siphon56

are you looking to compile a database of dimensions & outlines of the various models?
similar to vehicle templates, for wrap installers?

there is no software package that will provide the premade templates for you. you, or SOMEONE needs to do the work of scanning and MEASURING DEVICES, laying out the "holes" for camera lens, microphone, power and voume buttons, IF I AM UNDERSTNDING THE QUESTION
Yup, and it's alot of work lol. Probably have to hire someone to do that for me. Thanks for the response.

siphon56

I'm a little confused by your question- are you looking for software suggestions to create the vector files, or plot them?
With Illustrator, you basically have what you need- just download the Graphtec Cutting Master plug-in.
You don't mention what printer you're using for your wraps, but your RIP software probably has an option for making cut files that align with your prints.

If you're looking for a software with the vector files pre-made- well, I don't know what might have that. You can still use Illustrator- Measure the piece you're covering an create the cut file. Alternately, scan in the case/phone/whatever and create the cut file using it as a "template".
Already have the cutting master. I might need to buy some templates from etsy.

netsol

not sure i UNDERSTAND your business.
does a person walk in with their device and you wrap a single PHONE, LAPTOP OR TABLET?
or i your target audience my company's BRANDING DEPRTMENT. (make my 50 zebra tablets distinctive,
with my colors & logo?)
is your target to provide a wrap, instead of a "skin" ?

i remember finding ipad cases in " our color" back in 2013 for 2 or 3 large clients.

i would guess you need to collect datsheets from device manufacturers, with drawings & dimensions, as a starting point. then develop a "templating" process.

then you would "mix and match" the template and choice of material, like a visit to a wall paper store, years ago