• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Modify Oracal print profile

Signed Out

I have been trying to modify oracal's print profile for 3751. We love the profile, prints great, but there is only 1 quality option, 8 pass(high quality). For large trailer wraps we'd like to print at 6 pass (standard), or for smaller detailed graphics we'd like to print it at 16 pass (artistic). We have versaworks, but no other color management software. I haven't been able to find a way to add or change the quality settings to a copy of the oracal profile I made.

Is this possible to do at all if we had different software? Is it possible to do within versaworks?

Correct Color

Most likely you can't do it.

Typically in Versaworks, differing named settings are not only different numbers of passes, but different resolutions as well.

So while in some cases a driver will let you change mechanical settings such as number of passes or head speed or bi/uni-directional that don't require re-profiling, that's almost never the case in Versaworks.

If you're changing resolution, you need a new profile.

shoresigns

I seem to recall there's a box you can untick somewhere in the profile that says "Hide non-recommended settings" and that doing so often turns up a few new resolutions.