Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modify Oracal print profile

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Signed Out, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Signed Out

Signed Out Very Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Upstate NY
    I have been trying to modify oracal's print profile for 3751. We love the profile, prints great, but there is only 1 quality option, 8 pass(high quality). For large trailer wraps we'd like to print at 6 pass (standard), or for smaller detailed graphics we'd like to print it at 16 pass (artistic). We have versaworks, but no other color management software. I haven't been able to find a way to add or change the quality settings to a copy of the oracal profile I made.

Is this possible to do at all if we had different software? Is it possible to do within versaworks?

2. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    NY
    I Would also like to know this as well.

3. Correct Color

Correct Color Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Most likely you can't do it.

Typically in Versaworks, differing named settings are not only different numbers of passes, but different resolutions as well.

So while in some cases a driver will let you change mechanical settings such as number of passes or head speed or bi/uni-directional that don't require re-profiling, that's almost never the case in Versaworks.

If you're changing resolution, you need a new profile.

4. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    I seem to recall there's a box you can untick somewhere in the profile that says "Hide non-recommended settings" and that doing so often turns up a few new resolutions.