• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Modular Worktables & Equipment Stands

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Hi Guys! We're working on distributing a product called SignPipe. It's a modular system of plastic coated steel pipes and metal connectors. It all goes together with a 6mm Allen Wrench.

I realize this is a little bit of a solicitation, but what we really need is some feedback so that's why we put it in this forum. What do you guys think?

Here's what we would charge for the workbenches:

Prices include Casters, Pre-Cut Pipe, Allen Wrench and Brackets. All you would supply is your own tabletop:

36" Work Height
2x4 - $119
4x4 - $149
4x8 - $229

Free shipping to the lower 48.

Attachments

• Signpipe Sheet-lowres1.pdf
    15.9 MB · Views: 114
  • 4x4 Table Frame with Top.jpg
    4x4 Table Frame with Top.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 4x4 Table Frame.jpg
    4x4 Table Frame.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 122

mark galoob

for sure 4 x 8...wheels are a plus. but dont forget that middle shelf area...that is a big storage area missing. you might even have some half storage areas...in other words have a shelf in half of the 4 x8, and no shelf for material like 36 x 24 blanks and such that stand up.

how much they gonna be? can you get them heavier duty?

reQ

Honestly, i don't see where it can be more useful compare to regular tables/self made tables + casters. Thought that maybe use it as a table for on-site jobs, but still need the top part, so may as well bring regular folding table, plus its way cheaper.

Am i missing something? Not trying to troll, just trying to see where it can be useful and price would be justified.

Cool idea and definetly would be a great table for some shops. Just don't see it lasting too long. Looks like IKEA made a sign table. We constantly throw aluminum and 3/4" plywood on our tables. Looks like the table wouldn't stand too much of that before wobbling back and forth.

FireSprint.com

Thnk for the feedback so far! The sign pipe is pretty strong. It's lightweight too. The tables would support a couple hundred pounds pretty easily. Not good for engine blocks, but a sheet of mdf or a roll of banner material wouldn't stress it at all.

The system is modular and the parts will be sold separately too, so adding custom racks and shelves would be easy.

We'll make some videos and come up with more designs/uses for the SignPipe and keep you in the loop.

In the mean time, if you can think of a use for it, we'll be happy to prototype something here and price it out.

Mikesbales

Great idea. Let me know when you actually start selling them and I may buy one. I would suggest offering an option that would allow for crossbeams to be added so that another shelf could be added for storage of larger pieces of material.

Suz

Firesprint,

Much of what I build (smaller stuff) is for a temporary use, and I can't find anything the exact dimensions I need.
Thus the reason for building it myself. I've built my own work benches, displays, frames, racks, etc... Even built my own shop,
first a lawnmower shed, then a real shop with building permit and all, LOL!

I own more carpentry tools than my Hubby, owned them before I married him. I think he married me so he
could borrow my tools. I used to be able to out-build him, but don't try that anymore as he's gotten quite good. But I am still a
better Dry-Waller than he is! He hates installing Dry-Wall.

If the parts that you are manufacturing are really like tinker toys, I'd expect to be able to purchase them as parts rather
than kits. If only kits were available, I'd continue using what I use now... What I use is a lot of various types ofplumbing pipe,
lots of 2x2's, 1x2's, and 2x4's. I like wheels, just about everything I build has wheels on it, with brakes. The bigger the wheel, the
easier they move, especially when you put a lot of weight on something, like a work table or storage thing.

Just my 2 cents. Love your ideas! ;)

Suz

Firesprint,

Sorry, I guess I have more than two cents to add...

If you need to sell more to recoup your expenses, I understand that. How about rather than a full kit for a certain size table or product, sell sets like this:
(20) sets of wheels
(4) 24" bars
(8) 12" bars
(8) corner connectors

Whatever, just make multiples we can select from to build whatever "custom" thing we want?

Done, now at Four Cents. :)

Thanks for listeni'n! Hehe

FireSprint.com

Are you going to sell individual parts too?

Will you be selling parts and pieces? I can see alot of uses for it, both as sign frames and production needs.

This is awesome! Thank you all for the feedback. YES. We will sell the individual parts, 8ft lengths of pipe, and precut pipe for you to keep a supply of in your shop. The great things about the pipe is that it can be cut with a pipe cutter. That means no saws to plug in and NO DUST. When I started exploring the system that's what got me the most excited. If I want to build something small, there's no reason to set up the saw horses and the shop vac. Just start building!

The pipe can ship in up to 8' lengths via FedEx ground, so a small kit of pipe, connectors and casters would be easy to put together and ship.

We'll be starting on a list of the different types of connectors this week and we'll post it here.

FireSprint.com

Great idea. Let me know when you actually start selling them and I may buy one. I would suggest offering an option that would allow for crossbeams to be added so that another shelf could be added for storage of larger pieces of material.

That's a great idea. The system is modular, so that's really just a matter of adding some more connectors and pipe, but we can figure out what that would take and kit it (ready to assemble) as well.

FireSprint.com

for sure 4 x 8...wheels are a plus. but dont forget that middle shelf area...that is a big storage area missing. you might even have some half storage areas...in other words have a shelf in half of the 4 x8, and no shelf for material like 36 x 24 blanks and such that stand up.

how much they gonna be? can you get them heavier duty?

Really anything can be done. It's just a system of connectors and pipe, so adding the extra shelves is easy, whether we design it or you do. The pipe can just be cut with a pipe cutter and we'll sell it in 8' lengths shipped FedEx ground!

Yes they can be made more heavy duty. There is a thicker walled pipe that can be used, but also more supports and diagonals can be added.

Here's what those tables work out it in price:

36" Work Height
2x4 - $119
4x4 - $149
4x8 - $229

Jwalk

If I'm trying to get from a-b and I have a choice between a lambo or a decent ford. And all I have to do is get from a - b. Well I might go with the ford.

I didn't pour over the tables and investigate every facet, But I did just buy a 6 by 29" inch foldable table for 35 bucks, Canadian bucks too:rock-n-roll:, Whats that in usa dollars like 3 pennies.

The Casters are cool . If I really needed casters I could buy a few and install them myself. JMO.

Im sure theres a market place for this product, It wouldn't be with me, at least not yet maybe one day.:Big Laugh