• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MORE 560 Problems

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Now we are having issues with scratched ink/rubbed ink across prints on the left hand side of most everything we run, due to tension of the take up tension bar being too loose on the left end. So before it can even cure, it's rubbing up against the screws and other crap on the bottom of the curing unit. Looked like head strikes at first , but that's not what's happening.
Anyone else noticing a problem with the tensioner? Vinyl will literally bunch up under the curing unit, because the left side doesn't pull tight like the right side does. Even if you tape down ONLY the left edge to keep it tight. Today we've rigged a weight on the left side to see if that will help.

Asuma01

560 user here. This is actually a problem I haven't experienced. You should call up HP support. You might have a problem with whatever motor runs the tensioner. I assume you have ruled out that you might be loading in the media crooked or incorrectly?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
560 user here. This is actually a problem I haven't experienced. You should call up HP support. You might have a problem with whatever motor runs the tensioner. I assume you have ruled out that you might be loading in the media crooked or incorrectly?
Ha...yeah everything is loaded correctly. it will run for a while then start this problem. You can sit and watch it happen. We'll be calling a tech out I suppose. Just had them out for burned out curing fan motor. The issues are piling up on this thing.

Mike G

We've had that problem also. It would print fine, then hit and then be okay again. Try increasing the vacuum, it helps to hold the media down while it passes through. You can increase the vacuum while it is running. We usually increase by 10.

Dan360

We have the same problem, but the opposite side, on our 360 with certain medias. I just pull the media on the take-up (grab it between the take-up core and tension bar) away from the side with more slack (to the right in your case) and that typically evens out the tension, you can see the difference and should be able to tell when it's about even. I have no idea why it happens, I tried attaching to the take-up in many different ways and never found a proper solution.