• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting acrylic on acrylic and acrylic on drywall

bpp

What double sided tape would I use to mount a small 3x5 inch acrylic on acrylic and acrylic on drywall? Number signs for doors
I was told by one vendor to use 3M 9453LE $2300 a 24" roll and by another vendor 3M 4910 also seams a bit high at $75 for 1/2"
Would 3M 4496 or ORABOND 1395 be an option or any other recommendations?
Thanks

Owen Signcraft

We use 4950 for acrylic to drywall wayfinding signs. Works very well. Acrylic to acrylic the 4910 works well. Most good VHB tape is expensive. We work into the final costs.

petepaz

i never used it in the field but i have heard good things about the orabond 1395
i tried it out with 2 pieces of aluminum and it stuck pretty good

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have used the 4950 for years. However, if these are door numbers for identification, are they ADA compliant ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hope so for your sake. Taking the customer's word really doesn't cut it. You need to know for sure, but...... that's your problem. I only inquired.

johnnysigns

We use Oracal 1375 all day long on our laser, the 1395 is even thicker which I'd prefer, but it's a bear to find a lot of times. Not sure I'd use that to mount to drywall, but it's excellent for flat/smooth surfaces.

johnnysigns

Bron killer red tape is also brutally strong and thin. We use it for part to part assembly, but it's a lot more expensive per roll Vs the oracal 1375. It's just a different animal though.