• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting Cutting Mats to Table

timaquatic

What does everyone use to stick down cutting mats to tables? I used carpet tape before but doesn't seem to work with the last cutting mat I bought, tried silicone and just about every other soft glue I could find. I would like to remove the mats when they need replacing so don't want to be too permanent but them peeling up is driving me nuts!

Any suggestions?

timaquatic

I just took my 2 new Sawtrax cutting mats out of the box and they lay flat, the problem with the other mat seems to be that it was rolled with the grid facing inwards and always wants to curl up! Thanks for your input guys

fmg

I just let them sit there. Humidity play a big part in this factor as it can tend to warp the mat once stuck down to the table.
We have 4 4'X16' tables and 1 4'X24' table.
VHB works well too!.

Brandon708

I just use a little piece of banner tape on the 4 corners. just so it doesn't move but it really don't need to do that.

AUTO-FX

here's what i use.
one at each end.
BTW - that's a 90 deg electrical conduit pipe band clamped to a c-clamp

Attachments

• misc 9102020.jpg
    misc 9102020.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

MikePro

mine just sit there, 2 5'x8' 's side by side
... with a custom built 4'x8' light table under the center of them for lining up trans.vinyl projects.
(can't leave it on for too long, else the cutting mats curl when warmed up but flatten back down when I cool them off)

ChiknNutz

When I built my last table (5'x10') I used banner tape and also screwed it down using sheetrock screws. However, the mats expand/contract a LOT and so we had to get rid of the screws and the tape eventually gave way, so essentially nothing at this point.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Mine just lay flat on the tables. The only curling was when I opened them up after shipping and that went away in a few days.

slappy

here's what i use.
one at each end.
BTW - that's a 90 deg electrical conduit pipe band clamped to a c-clamp

what mat is that and where is that from?:loveya:

Mine has a grid, but it's under the mat and it's "foggy". I'm looking to get another here as i have 4'x24' table, and the grid on that pops with color.

AUTO-FX

Slapakiss, that is an "extreme" cutting mat purchased from Advantage. yup, the grid's on top, even held up when i had an ink spill and used solvent cleaner on it. There was a whole thread on "extreme cutting mat is extreme allright" a couple months back .Seems I got a bad one , it would not lay flat to save my life, but the good people over there at Extreme were very helpful, sending me a new one right away with relatively no questions asked.

anotherdog

ditto with most. it just sits there on the bare plywood. Hardly ever shifts.

Actually its time for a rebuild, after 4 years the ply has started to warp.