• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mouse problem

Kemble

FireFox 3.6.8 and can see the attachments just fine.

FireFox > Tools > Options > Content Tab > Make sure the box is checked for Load images automatically.

Possible you guys have an plug-in for your browser blocking the images? Like an AVG toolbar or something?

I see what SignStudent See's

SignManiac

This is what I see under Gino's post.

Click image for larger version Name: grenadw with cheese.jpg Views: 0 Size: 96.2 KB ID: 57075

And when I click on it, I'm asked to log into Signs101 again even though I'm already logged in from the preceding link????

HaroldDesign

I always see Gino's pics. It all depends if he likes you or not. I don't know what you all did to deserve this, but it must have been pretty bad. Shame on you...

Si Allen

Mice run away when they see mine!

Attachments

• dead_mouse.jpg
    dead_mouse.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 83

Rooster

Get the right cat and it will solve your dog problem too.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cat-vs-dog.jpg
    cat-vs-dog.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 79

Locals Find!

To get rid of the rats put out poison stations outside your building them make them a more desirable home.

Get a shovel and some plywood dig a hole fill with brush & a few bags of sweet corn feed from your local feed store cover it with the plywood leave a small hole for rats to get in and out of. Do this away from your shop as far as you can. The brush and plywood will help keep predators away. They like that. More than likely why they are hiding in your shop in the first place.

They won't bother to come back to your shop for a while. As your new home for them will be much more desirable and have plenty of food. In the meantime close up all the entry points with foam filler.

Remember, if its a hole the size of a quarter they can make it through.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Addie, I'm sure there are people that will do this, but hopefully not.

Take for instance, the rats eat your poison. Now, a neighbors cat or dog pick at it and eat parts of it...... ingesting the poison meant for the rat..... do you see a potential problem ?? You only use poison in a controlled environment.... you don't spread it around outside, that's irresponsible.

Then..... you go on to say.... you want people to go into the fields and purposely build homes for these rodents ?? Are you for real ?? While I'm sure some nut case figured this out.... you're just inviting more breeding and now you're feeding and housing the very rats you're trying to eliminate.

Yep, sounds like a 'broker' statement to me !! :ROFLMAO:

Don't get rid of your problem.... move them elsewhere and make them someone else's problem, also.

There's no way you can plug up all your holes. You have entry ways in your eaves, floor joists, foundations, below dirt level in cracks, around chimneys, down a chimney, dryer vents, wiring going outside, garages.... etc. There's no way a person can plug up and make their home completely air tight. Besides, a home or building needs to breath for circulation.​

Fill any holes or cracks that they can get into with steel wool, they can't chew through it.
Other than that I think all the other suggestions are good ideas.

I would say move to the city but then you will have to deal with giant rats instead.

The other pic here is a good way to thin the population of the rodents!:covereyes:

Attachments

• giant-rat(1).jpg
    giant-rat(1).jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 83
  • d177.jpg
    d177.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 93

Locals Find!

Addie, I'm sure there are people that will do this, but hopefully not.

Take for instance, the rats eat your poison. Now, a neighbors cat or dog pick at it and eat parts of it...... ingesting the poison meant for the rat..... do you see a potential problem ?? You only use poison in a controlled environment.... you don't spread it around outside, that's irresponsible.

Then..... you go on to say.... you want people to go into the fields and purposely build homes for these rodents ?? Are you for real ?? While I'm sure some nut case figured this out.... you're just inviting more breeding and now you're feeding and housing the very rats you're trying to eliminate.

Yep, sounds like a 'broker' statement to me !! :ROFLMAO:

Don't get rid of your problem.... move them elsewhere and make them someone else's problem, also.
There's no way you can plug up all your holes. You have entry ways in your eaves, floor joists, foundations, below dirt level in cracks, around chimneys, down a chimney, dryer vents, wiring going outside, garages.... etc. There's no way a person can plug up and make their home completely air tight. Besides, a home or building needs to breath for circulation.​

Poison stations outside have been used by exterminators at my place for years. No issue there.

Now as for building a home. There is good reasoning behind my suggestion. Rats will continue to go where other rats have nested even years later. They leave a scent trail behind to advertise for other rats. The OP said they were surrounded by fields not other buildings. So by getting them away from the building and into a natural environment does no harm to others.

It would steer the problem back into nature where it belongs and away from Habitation.

As for sealing a home, a ridge vent along the roof line will vent off all of unnatural gas buildups. Homes don't need to breath that much. For vents etc.. simple wire screens will allow airflow while deterring rodents.

As for insulting me as a Broker. Well, its attitudes like yours that have let your industry down. Don't fix a problem because there isn't a simple solution just live with it. While as a Broker I strive to find the solution to problems

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Poison stations being used outside by professionals is Okay, but you originally said for the OP to do it himself. Even the professionals tell you not to do this on your own. That’s why I said what I did. Besides, poison stations generally mean there is a high infestation with the rodents, so if’ you’re doing this…… or having this done routinely, I’d be suspicious you have one heck of a problem and you just don’t know it or want to admit it.

Nowhere does it make sense on any level to build a home for rats or mice in a field nearby. That’s just plain stupidness. There’s no sense in even discussing it. Any professional will tell you that you are crazy if you suggested building a rat community even ½ mile from your house or building. You’re not steering anything away, you’re just putting it off for a few days until they eat your food and they’ll be right back… climbing up pipes, in cracks or whatever other entry they can find.

Insulting you for being a broker, Addie….. ?? Hardly. You picked the position, not me. There’s no letting the industry down with my attitude, at least not on this one. Brokers entering in this industry….. with your mindset are what gave the industry a bad rap…. or was that rat ??