Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mouse problem

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by OneUpTenn, Nov 2, 2010.

1. OneUpTenn

OneUpTenn Active Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Its the time of year for freaking rodents to start coming in my shop. I work in a metal building that is surrounded basically by fields...so they just LOVE my shop.

The problem is I cant work effectively I am literally scared to death of these creatures. I have put out pellets and all kinds of things to kill them once they get in here but I would rather find a way to keep them from coming in PERIOD!!!!

Any suggestions? I heard peppermint oil could work but havent tried it......anybody....HELP!!!!!

Tags:
  2. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    One of these.

Attached Files:

3. OneUpTenn

OneUpTenn Active Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Oh and a cat is not an option...for some reason my place seems to be the hangout for the neighborhood dogs..so it wouldnt last a minute.

4. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    That's too bad. Fred is starting a cat farm.

5. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Snakes are excellent! What rat wants to mess with one of these?

Attached Files:

6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    grenadw with cheese.jpg

7. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Gino that will not work! The mouse will eat the cheese and the pin will not be pulled out!, mow if the cheese was heavy enough to hold the trigger down you might have a solution;)

8. OneUpTenn

OneUpTenn Active Member

Sep 23, 2007
    :roflmao:

9. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    For some reason I can NEVER see Gino's attachments but most everyone else I can. His attachments are shown as broken links. They appear to be within the body of the message and not a separate attachment like most others'. What is he doing different?

Using Chrome

10. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I have Serbia Kryptonite wrapped around my jpg's. One must learn the secrets of such powderous minerals. Unless you are from s201 or further out reaches of signmankind.... you will never see my pictures....... nyuck.... nyuck.... nyuck.... nyuck.... nyuck....

The only link you will see...... are sausage links... if I so permit it..... mere earthling :noway:

11. The Vector Doctor

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Notice on the attachment and everyone else's it says "attached thumbnails" but yours are within the message. Are you attaching in a different way?

Attached Files:

12. The Vector Doctor

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Or maybe there is some bullsh!t setting in Chrome that filters unworthy images and text :notworthy:

13. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

Nope. You're wrong, again. :wink:

14. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    oneupten, don't use poison, thy will get in something, behind something and die. use traps.
    the oil works, cat urine and fox urine works to but stinks.

JR

15. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Remove any clutter from around building. Check and fill all entrance ways that a rodent could gain entry (short of the front door). Place permanent bait stations along edge of building very 50 feet or so and maintain fresh and varied baits. Glue and snap traps inside are good once they get in. That way you can remove the carcass instead of having to track it by smell. Good luck.

16. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    VD, I have the same issue with Gino's attachments as you are, I'm using firefox. I thought it was just me.

17. bbeens

bbeens Member

Oct 2, 2007
    I get the exact same thing in Chrome as well. Although on my Android phone - which I would assume using a variant of Chrome I don't have the problem. Odd.

Bryan

18. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Okay, I thought it was just a fluke with Eric.

My images are all 800 x 800 or less jpeg's. Other than that, I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm also in Firefox.

If the administration can help on this, please advise. :thankyou:

For those not seeing the attachments.... is it all of them or on occasion ??

19. SignStudent

SignStudent Member

Jun 12, 2010
    TN
    Yeah his doesn't say attached thumbnails but it is showing up for me. I use the Opera web browser.

Attached Files:

• SS.jpg
      SS.jpg
      File size:
      106.4 KB
      Views:
  20. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    I can see the attachments. How are you guys blocking them?

:ROFLMAO: