• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Movies you love that others need to see.

OldPaint

wow so many memoriable movies. i go back to seeing SAMSON & DELILA in the theater with Victor Mature and Hedy Lamarr. we had a small theater in out little town, sat matinee, $1 would get you in and all the popcorn and candy you could eat)))) real cartoons and 3 stooges for shorts between movies. hard to pick and choose the best.
i lived thru the late 50's early 60's when horror movies had doctors and nurses in the lobby(so they dressed up to look like)because the movie was so scary. i also come from western PA, where the cult classic NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD was filmed and produced. the guy in the movie "chilly billy" long before elvira, had a TV spook show on sat nite starting at midnite or 1 am. and would go on till 4 am. showing all the classic horror flicks of the 30's & 40's heyday. so my pick of all time favs would have to include THE NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. the last one made,1993 uses the grave yard(the opening scene) where my parents are buried!!!
THE DEER HUNTER another PA classic.
THE TOXIC AVENGER series
VANISHING POINT best car guy movie ever.
ALICES RESTAURANT every thanksgiving..........
APOCALYPSE NOW.......
JACOBS LADDER still makes me think
GHOST the best love story
DIRTY DANCING.........what can i say.
COMEDY,
CHEECH & CHONG......UP IN SMOKE!!!!!!
ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!!!!! beat me, beat me make me feel cheap hahahahahahha

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
VANISHING POINT best car guy movie ever...

Notify the media, OP and myself are in agreement on something...

The original one with Barry Newman, not the insipid remake with Vigo Mortensen.

A story wherein the apparatus ends up killing a guy for speeding.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
This movie is not for younger people...

The Crying Game

An unlikely kind of friendship develops between Fergus, an Irish Republican Army volunteer, and Jody, a kidnapped British soldier lured into an IRA trap by Jude, another IRA member. When the hostage-taking ends up going horribly wrong, Fergus escapes and heads to London, where he seeks out Jody's lover, a hairdresser named Dil. Fergus adopts the name "Jimmy" and gets a job as a day laborer. He also starts seeing Dil, who knows nothing about Fergus' IRA background. But there are some things about Dil that Fergus doesn't know, either...

A fascinating look at the psychology of captor-hostage relationships, this movie will fool you in the direction you think its going, for there comes a moment of truth that is so startling and compelling as to elicit (sometimes extreme) involuntary physical reactions from the viewer. Do not assume this reaction will necessarily be a good thing.

So, I suggest then, that the recommendation of this movie be left to those whom annoy you -- unfortunately, you'll have to see it yourself to fully appreciate what this means.

Forewarned is not necessarily forearmed.

Heh, heh...

Speedsterbeast

Wow, a lot here I've never seen or even heard of.
Good to see Dogma and Empire of the Sun on the list.

My List (of off mainstreamovies)

1941- Spielberg's best (funniest movie ever although widely unknown)

ON THE BEACH - WW 3 movie (I'm in my 30's, so I like the remake better than the Gregory Peck version) but a MUST SEE

JOHNNY DANGEROUSLY (Hilarious Michael Keaton movie)

TwoNine

A bit weird (in the way Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was) - But
Requeim for a Dream (sp?) was a great movie. Very trippy though. The cinematography was executed quite well in my opinion. However, NOT a good movie for kids....Not at all...