• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Moving my Mutoh 1204

I am going to be moving to another location in town and wanted to know if any of you had some advice, do's and don'ts for moving my printer.
Thanks in advance!

Clean cap real good. Make sure head is in the low position. Drain the waste tank. Put the head locking bracket back on. Lift machine and try to keep it level. Do not leave without power for more than a day or two.

401Graphics

i moved mine twice about 15 miles. All I did was empty the waste tank (the first time). I forgot the second time, and got ink everywhere! :banghead: :banghead: :frustrated:

Last edited:

Mosh

Just throw it in the truck...NOT lock the head and you should be fine, like the others said power on ASAP! Then crun cleaNING.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
All good advice and remember.......

Attachments

• Safety_First_Lift_With_Legs_Not_Back_SG20.jpg
    Safety_First_Lift_With_Legs_Not_Back_SG20.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 74

CP Signs

Same as 401. twice without any problems. I remember your story about forgetting to empty the waste tank,,,,, glad I thought of it. Lol

Yeah i have moved my 1614 a few times and we just lock the head and tape the lid down keep level when picking up and power on quick you will be fine just like everyone said the big things are the head and waste tank.

Kerron Hughes

Recently picked up our 1204 from 260 miles away, move went without a hitch, like others have said - lock head, empty waste tank, keep it level. Now I just need to find out if I can use our old RJ60U Rockhopper 1 inks in the 1204.