• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multi ladders

Who uses them and are they worth the investment? I'm referring to the ladders with adjustable joints that have multiple usage configurations and can be set up various different ways...stepladder...scaffold...extension ladder...etc.

Salmoneye

They work well but despite their compact size I find them awkward to carry around... When they do come in handy they come in VERY handy. Scaffold is nice, step platform is nice, being able to get close to a wall without the ladder touching the wall is nice, short storage space is nice, working on stairs is nice, double sided step ladder func is nice...
I would get at least one leveling leg, I don't have one but wish I did.

d fleming

I just put mine up from being used this morning. One of the most useful tools I own. Not everything requires suiting up and using the bucket. I'm a big boy so I have one rated for over 300lbs per side so it can hold two people. Extension, scaffold, step platform, a frame, does it all. Can't say I would spend the $$ on an aluminum scaffold board, 2x12 does just fine. Worth every penny.

704signs

I have 2 little giants and keep one in the truck at all times. I love mine but some job sites don't allow any metal ladders on site...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I carry a 6' fiberglass stepladder and a 16' multi-ladder (the Cosco brand). I don't really care to work much higher than that off a ladder, so the reach is fine for me. I virtually never have a need to use it for scaffolding although when I do, it works perfectly. No real complaints. The weight is worth the trade off. I'd rather carry it than an extension ladder.

This ladder comes in pretty handy when I'm carrying a lot of stuff and need to minimize what I bring onto the jobsite:

Attachments

• Ladder 1.jpg
    Ladder 1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Ladder 2.jpg
    Ladder 2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Ladder 3.jpg
    Ladder 3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Ladder 4.jpg
    Ladder 4.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 76

mnapuran

I too have the Little Giants.... bought my first one about 12 years ago or so. Great ladders and very useful. A little heavy, but worth it for the flexibility.

Craig Sjoquist

My most used are the .. double step ladders I have 2- 2 step one 5 step
next is scaffolding with wheels & adjustable
Then extension ladders & jacks with alum planks I have 20 ft light weight & 16 ft heavier one or wood planks of different sizes that I use with the double step ladders

The one ladder I do have your talking about ..yes outstanding on stairs, otherwise to bulky & heavy so to me bought it used & cheap the reason I have it for stairs.

petepaz

i have two 10ft-ers they are great. i bought 1 about 5 years ago and just bought a 2nd a year ago because i use the scaffold alot. well worth the money

MikePro

i have about 6 little giants here at the shop and we still somehow wind-up fighting over who gets to use them or who's stuck with the 2 gorilla ladders we bought at discount.

we've also got the the scaffold/plank that extends up to 15', that you can span between 2 little giants. great tool to have.
heck, if you're ever looking to try it out... before I bought mine, I picked one up at Menard's on the way to a jobsite and returned it that day otw home. Did that three times before finally giving-in and buying it (from Blain's Farm&Fleet).

Thanks for the head's up. We wound up purchasing the 16ft. Keller multiladder from Menards. I would like the Little Giant, as I know it to be superior, but this should get us by for now. We will be using it as a scaffold for a sign installation this weekend so hopefully all goes well and I'm here to report back next week. ;)

John L

Anyone who understands the effect of leverage on those little hinge locks would pad their butt very well before using these ladders.

Billct2

We bought the biggest one to use on a job where we had to use a freight elevator to do a job on a roof. They're great, but I am in the "heavy,bulky and difficult to use" camp. But they have their place in the arsenal.

fmg

Here is a pic of two of our installers using two little giants and the 13 ft platform in the summer, outside installing a box truck wrap enjoying the sunshine and making it a pleasurable day indeed. best ladder system by far.

Attachments

• 473606_10151024435349284_1341188106_o.jpg
    473606_10151024435349284_1341188106_o.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 88

mudmedia

I prefer Werners ladders over the little giants. I have 2 of each and I like width of werners steps A LOT better.

It only takes a couple times of falling off a ladder to be a little bit more comfortable. Probably the reason why I hate heights more and more.