• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multicam - Does anyone have??

supersignmart

Does anyone have a multicam router or cutter? I'm looking at a cutter but was wondering
what the support, service and product has been like.
Thanks

SebastienL

I cannot vouch for Multicam USA... We get service from Multicam Quebec. Of all the machines we have here, By far Multicam Quebec have the best support. One of their technician actually came in on a Sunday once to get us out of a jam. And once, another technician drove 8 hours through a major snowstorm to get here. Normally, the drive would have been about 4 hours!

As far as the machine itself; nothing to say, it's a workhorse!

nwsigns

We have a 3000 and not a problem in 4 years. The service will depend on your dealer so choose wisely there. Service used to be great for us and then our dealer sold to another company and its not so hot anymore.

supersignmart

I didn't know that I had a choice in the dealer. From
what I've been told is it depends on the area that you are from
as to the dealer you will have?
thanks, keep them coming.

Chiprinting

Multicam

You are correct they are a good machine but the support has to come from the vendor that is in your area. If you search the CNC blogs you will see they have good support in a few areas and bad support in a lot of areas. It is a shame that the vendor has it locked in and can ruin a good machine because of service.

SebastienL

I've been searching long and hard for a decent CNC blog also... with no success.

They are all guys with homemade CNCs in the back of their garage. There's about one new post a week. It seem's knowledgeable CNC techs want to keep their secrets for themselves.

Actually, CNC info here on S101 is better than dedicated CNC blogs!

If anyone as a good CNC blog they know of, please, do share!

Chiprinting

Cnc

I do have to agree they are filled with diy but there is some good info you just have to search for it. CNCzone.com is the one that I found the best for my stuff.

petepaz

we don't have one but have been looking at them because they have a location in hackensack, NJ which is about 20 min from our shop. they are having an open house in a couple of weeks so we are going to check it out.

synergy_jim

we have a 1000 series 5x10 with 8 tool changer. We had a few hiccups when we first purchased, but we have had 0 issues the last 5 years. Our unit has stepper motors which some people hate, but I have seen little to no issues with cut quality and or speed.

I would buy another in a heartbeat.

supersignmart

thanks for all the comments. I had a dealer come to my shop and talk to me. I told him what I was looking for and he said he would get back with me, this was approx. 3 weeks before the SGIA show in Orlando. I told him I would be buying before the end of the year. He never got back with me, never even called me after his visit. I thought if he wouldn't follow through on a sale he wouldn't be there for the service. In the end I purchased a Zund, I think (I know) I made the right decision. Kinda glad that the salesman for Muticam didn't get back with me!

synergy_jim

zund vs multicam.

apples to oranges.

I guess it all depends on your market.

We do a lot of 3D carving and heavy board cutting with ours. You would never buy a Zund to to that.

That being said, if we were looking at a flatbed cutter / knife setup, the Zund would be the first thing we looked at, followed by the Multicam digital express...

SebastienL

zund vs multicam.

apples to oranges.

I guess it all depends on your market.

We do a lot of 3D carving and heavy board cutting with ours. You would never buy a Zund to to that.

That being said, if we were looking at a flatbed cutter / knife setup, the Zund would be the first thing we looked at, followed by the Multicam digital express...

I totally agree!
We just bought a Zund... Tech guys are assembling it as we speak. We have a Multicam also. Two completely different beasts. I'm sure the Zund will fly thru vinyl, Coro, Pvc with no problem but in no way will it handle Plywood, MDF, Aluminum like the Multicam does.