• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multiple Banner Order Price Check please

ZsVinylInc

These banners are for a customer of mine that has added my banners, yard signs, vehicle magnets and decals onto the products that he offers. He handles all of the artwork and everything so all I do is print and produce. He gives me a lot of work so I give him a better price then most people. My price to him was about $3.40 sqf and retail for him is $5

I wish I was getting what Mosh is getting for a 2 x 6. I can't get even close to that.

Also SkyHigh if you read this thread then no where in here does it say that it is for another sign shop. It is for a customer of mine that has saw the advantage of adding these products to the ones he already offers his customers. The get to make one phone call when they need this stuff which isn't that often and he doesn't have to spend a ton of money on an addition of equipment and staff by out sourcing it to me.

skyhigh

So if you add in design time then I would probably be in your $7-$10 range.

BINGO!!!!
If you would retail for 7-10, then why wouldn't you give your buddy the "heads-up" on pricing? He's essentially ruining YOUR retail business. Why would anyone go to you at 8, when they can buy from him at 5? This kinda thinking is whats ruined all the profit in the large format printing world.....and it keeps snowballing.

As for you being too expensive at "wholesale", perhaps I was being a little sarcastic. I guess your in the ballpark, but your retailer should be doubling your price (at least). If all he needs to justify a profit is $1.60 a square, then you should be charging him $6.40. Would he go elsewhere? Maybe, but I doubt it. Sounds like you are too convenient for him to work with.

You have me curious tho.....this customer isn't a sign shop, yet he does all the design? I really don't need an answer. Everyone with a computer is a designer (I forgot).

ZsVinylInc

BINGO!!!!
If you would retail for 7-10, then why wouldn't you give your buddy the "heads-up" on pricing? He's essentially ruining YOUR retail business. Why would anyone go to you at 8, when they can buy from him at 5? This kinda thinking is whats ruined all the profit in the large format printing world.....and it keeps snowballing.

As for you being too expensive at "wholesale", perhaps I was being a little sarcastic. I guess your in the ballpark, but your retailer should be doubling your price (at least). If all he needs to justify a profit is $1.60 a square, then you should be charging him $6.40. Would he go elsewhere? Maybe, but I doubt it. Sounds like you are too convenient for him to work with.

You have me curious tho.....this customer isn't a sign shop, yet he does all the design? I really don't need an answer.

First of all he knows that when I tell him it is $5 a sqf that this price is for the banner only and not design time. He adds in whatever he needs to for this just like I do......As far as having your curious yes he is not a sign shop and yes they do all the design work....the have two designers one on full time and one part time. Always provide me with the exact files I need exactly set up like I ask them to.

skyhigh

Just to clarify.....
I don't really care what your "wholesale" pricing is. I'm just comparing what you & this other guy are "retailing" at.

Like I said....I apologize if I misunderstood.

ZsVinylInc

Skyhigh it is very simple we are both selling it at between $5-8 a sqf plus design time. So when it is all said and done it could be between $7-10 depending on how much design time. I give him wholesale pricing.

skyhigh

plus design time. So when it is all said and done it could be between $7-10 depending on how much design time.

Well, I guess you forgot to mention that in your initial posts. :banghead:
You said 5 bucks!!!

Sigh....
And I passed up a promising career as a dentist, when I'm so good at pulling teeth.

Have a super day.