• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Musicians - Let's hear your stuff

graphixtogo

...This one is a cover of "New Girl Now" by the Canadian Band HONEYMOON SUITE...

Man, BorderPatrol... I have been having a pretty sh***y week, but hearing New Girl Now actually brought a smile to my face! The first band I was in covered that song back in 1987/88! I haven't heard it in years!

Plus, it reminded me of another song we covered in that band - John Kilzer's Red Blue Jeans! I found a link to it on youtube. Check it out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngVg_kc-1EI

I didn't realize how far off we were on the lyrics until watching the video! LOL! Makes more sense now! haha!

I can smell the Aqua Net and fog juice now!!! :Big Laugh

Thanks for the pick-me-up!

Good job on the recordings too! I don't have any of my recordings, not that any of them would have been worthy of posting anyway! :Big Laugh

Border

... if it becomes work it is not fun anymore. I prefer to call it therapy!~

Abso-F8*ing-lutely! If it's about the $$ forget about it...it's just a hobby that occasionally brings in some cash but mainly just for good times and fun. If it ever turned into somethijng more then that would just be a bonus!

I actually had to fire our [really good] lead singer last year because he was WAY too serious about stuff. It was ahrd decision but since I founded this band, I was not about to let someone else turn it into another thing to be stressed about. -Bye bye! So now we are on the rebuild and about ready to go have some fun again! Been doing it way to long to care about stupid or get worked up about stupid crap.

Bogie

I can play the stereo... Tube preamp into a Hafler amp into a pair of Maggies... Otherwise, if friends gig, I'm the guy who carries stuff.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a nice affordable tube preamp, google aric audio or check ebay for his stuff...

PMG

Here's a couple more links to recordings that are not currently on our site.

This one is a cover of "New Girl Now" by the Canadian Band HONEYMOON SUITE

http://www.borderpatrolrocks.com/audio/I Got A New Girl Now by BORDER PATROL.mp3

And here's us doing a live cover of an old MONTROSE tune (Sammy Hagar) tune "Rock Candy".

http://www.borderpatrolrocks.com/audio/Rock Candy.mp3

Hope the links work! Right-click if you'd rather download, then play them.
Thats some good shit i have not herd in a long time,,,time to get out the old Bong!!!!!!:peace!:

BONG........... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bong

Border

I used to know a guy that had a 4 ft bong he called "the Enterprise". I'm sure his brain cells are few and far between these days, if he's even still alive.

Also met a guy once that worked at a canning plant (think Campbells soup, etc).
Anyways, met him at a party after a gig once. We were standing around and this guy starts bragging about how good this pot is that he grows at home. Next thing I know, he pulls a soup can out of one pocket and a can opener out of the other. Cracks it open and pulls a vaccum-sealed gigantic bud outta this can. Turns out he would sneak his stuff into work with him and can it on the assembly line to preserve it. I laughed my ass off, never saw anything like that before!:biggrin:

Border

Man, BorderPatrol... I have been having a pretty sh***y week, but hearing New Girl Now actually brought a smile to my face! The first band I was in covered that song back in 1987/88! I haven't heard it in years!

Thanks!
We also do "Bad Attitude" by Honeymoon Suite. Do you remember that tune??

And don't forget the Canadian Band "April Wine". -My all time favorite band. Right now, we do a cover of their song called "Victim For Your Love". That's posted on out website too.

www.BorderPatrolRocks.com

d fleming

My little cover band the wife saya I spend way too much time and money with. Been playing in bars going on 30 years, since before I was old enough to be a patron.
finderskeepersband.com