• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Musicians - Let's hear your stuff

Border

Any RUSH Fans or more specifically, Canadian rock fans??? (maybe that would be LESS specifically)

From previous threads, it's obvious there are LOTS of musicians here. Thought it would be cool to hear some of your stuff.

Here's a link to a demo recording of a RUSH tune that my band "BORDER PATROL" just did. -Finished mixing it tonight. Going to put it on our website soon. This is a new project I started last year and we're finally ready to start gigging regularly in June.

Hopefully, this link SHOULD just launch the recording in your music player (fingers crossed).

http://www.borderpatrolrocks.com/audio/limelight 4-15-08.mp3

Let's hear some other stuff from S101-ers...any Original material out there? I have some of that too.
:beer:Canada 2:

Border

PS... I should've also mentioned that it's my girlfriend on lead vocals and she happens to be Canadian...

Border

Well, your signature says it all.... Thanks for the compliment! What's YOUR cup of tea in music?

The Sign Dude

I like pretty much everything but reggae. I like stuff from hank SR. to Korn (not much of their new stuff though). favorite all time would have to be between Guns and Roses and Alice in chains.
I would guess Rush is one of your favorites.

Oh yeh Van Halen is BA

Border

I really like everything you mentioned except the Hank..
Generally, I'm a big 80s fan. We also do "Dreams" by Van Halen, and some Gun's & Roses, Pink Floyd,,,, Alice In Chains is on the "to do" list for sure. April Wine ROCKS. We also do some Velvet Revolver, STP, etc...

I like pretty much everything but reggae. I like stuff from hank SR. to Korn (not much of their new stuff though). favorite all time would have to be between Guns and Roses and Alice in chains.
I would guess Rush is one of your favorites.

Oh yeh Van Halen is BA

Last edited:

The Sign Dude

I really like everything you mentioned except the Hank..
Generally, I'm a big 80s fan. We also do "Dreams" by Van Halen, and son Gun's & Roses, Pink Floyd, Alice In Chains is on the "to do" list for sure. We also do some Velvet Revolver, STP, etc...

I am a big 80s buff myself. Be sure to post some more of your stuff as you get it worked out. I would like to hear it. I heard Stp was getting back together but I havent heard anything on Velvet revolver, did they split?

Border

Yep, Scott's back with STP and Velvet Revolver is saying they plan to move on with someone else.

There's some more of our stuff on our website: www.BorderPatrolRocks.com and then if you want, you can follow the links to our myspace page and then again to some of the individual band member's pages where we have some original material posted.

Last edited:

kazoosigns

Here's the link to my Reverb Nation page, with all of my tunes on them.

http://www.reverbnation.com/monjoody

Disc: it's all just tracked bass parts. I only mention that because when my guitarist friend listened to "One Quick Thought," he was hurt that I wouldn't call him to lay down the guitar track.

S

SignTech

It's a good cover.

Instrumentally very good, vocally not bad at all. I think once you get out and gig she'll open up and relax more and belt it out. .... Drummer did a nice job technically. Guitars were right on. I don't have any of our band recordings from years past .......... oh well no biggie. Just practice stuff on myspace .... working on a weekend warrior band right now. Good recording.

Border

It's a good cover.

Instrumentally very good, vocally not bad at all. I think once you get out and gig she'll open up and relax more and belt it out. .... Drummer did a nice job technically. Guitars were right on. I don't have any of our band recordings from years past .......... oh well no biggie. Just practice stuff on myspace .... working on a weekend warrior band right now. Good recording.

Thanks,
Our drummer was not on his own kit when we recorded that Rush tune and he was bummed about it. No rotos for one thing and it just had a wet sound to it like the heads were old. Should've just rescheduled that session but we wanted to get it done and start doing some promo. Time was tight too so we just went for it. Did it at our Bass Player's house.

And yea, this hard rock is a little new to her as far as performing it but believe me, she can belt it out! You should her her do "Spoonman" by Soundgarden.

Here's a link to page where my Girlfriend has some of her original material stored.

www.borderpatrolrocks.com/tunes

And here's my personal Myspace Page where I have some of my own originals as well as a few covers from past bands I've been in:

www.myspace.com/DougGreenhaw

And here's another link to the last band I was in with my girlfriend. We've got lots of live recordings on the site. Theirs a Joe Cocker Medley that's pretty cool and a Johnny Lang cover too that shows off her vocals very well. That band was called "The Effenheimers".
www.effenheimers.com/audio.html

os101king

Seen Rush about nine times at this point, from Power Windows to Counterparts tour... not since, though. My music doesn't reflect that in the least, though. We were an original outfit and traveled the states from coast to coast from 1995 to 2004 or so... plenty of fun and plenty of empty bars, but that's what comes along with playing original music..... Tough crowds.... but fun always.
Here are a few links to what we did. The myspace has three tunes spanning our career that you can jam out to... enjoy. Also there are TONS OF PHOTOS from our tours & shows in the pics section of the page....

Link to our last record company and 2 of our albums.... (you can still get a VINYL copy of our one album, how's THAT!!!)
http://www.victoryrecords.com/os101

Link to our first record company
http://http://www.resurrectionad.com/bands/os101/index.html

Link to our Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/oldschool101theking

Last edited:

os101king

Any RUSH Fans or more specifically, Canadian rock fans??? (maybe that would be LESS specifically)

From previous threads, it's obvious there are LOTS of musicians here. Thought it would be cool to hear some of your stuff.

Here's a link to a demo recording of a RUSH tune that my band "BORDER PATROL" just did. -Finished mixing it tonight. Going to put it on our website soon. This is a new project I started last year and we're finally ready to start gigging regularly in June.

Hopefully, this link SHOULD just launch the recording in your music player (fingers crossed).

http://www.borderpatrolrocks.com/audio/limelight 4-15-08.mp3

Let's hear some other stuff from S101-ers...any Original material out there? I have some of that too.
:beer:Canada 2:

VERY NICE!!!! Sorry though, being a musician and such a Rush addict, shouldn't your bass player play up the midrange a bit? Sounds nice, but you know you gotta hear that bass way up in the mix to please Geddy fans (plus I'm a bass player!). Your gf has a beautiful voice, by the way. Nice choice in tuneage.

tyans1

We only play private parties... if it becomes work it is not fun anymore. I prefer to call it therapy!~

Border

a signpainter friend sent me the Canadian band Kim Mitchell Greatest Hits CD. It's great!

yep. good stuff for sure! We were playing "Go For A Soda" last year..You should check out Canadian Band Max Webster then...Kim Mitchell was their singer/guitarist before going solo...