• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 Prints Dark And Yellow is Green?

I just got my mutoh 1204 and noticed that a lot of the prints come out darker than they're supposed to. Also when i printed a bunch of labels that were supposed to be yellow they cam out neon green. i checked the color in flexi and in CMYK it was 100% yellow.

Also i noticed on my prints it is scaling them to print at 200% there size even when the setting is at 100%. I've been printing them at 50% to get them to print at the size i need.

MacDaddy

Use the correct Profile.... I suspect you do not have a Profile installed at all... Did you call your dealer for set-up help?

This is a new unit and some of the images print fine blue is blue red is red etc..but for some reason in the more color intensive prints the colors seem dark. I assume im not using the correct profile. The material im printing on is 3M engineer grade reflective sheeting and Avery Opaque Vinyl (White) and can't seem to locate a profile for these.

Mass Signs

Can't make apple pie with oranges.....
I bet the media is not for digital printers anyhow the manufactures have the presets on thier websites.

rcboats1

First things first. What media, what RIP and what profile? If you are using Wasatch I can fix your 200% problem.

I called signwarehouse and got things straightened out with it printing 200% and got a profile that seems to be printing fine now. i was wondering if anyone had ever printer on 3m reflective material and could suggest a profile to use (flexisign).
Thanks Jim

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Wild color deviations might not be the profile. Some profiles print on some media better than others but the differences usually are not that acute. While the terminally anal might have a profile for each and every media and situation, the more pragmatic have one or two profiles that work for pretty much everything you throw at them.

If this were my printer, which is a Mutoh Falcon with Flexi 7.6, acting this way the first thing I'd check would be to see if 'Enable Media Options' and 'Microdot' are enabled. Then I'd have a squint at my rendering intents and check to see if color correction is actually enabled.