• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204

signfx

Hi Randy,
After reading your last comment I inspected everything around the maintenance station and the head looking for any damage that could have been caused by heat and noticed part of the plastic cover that covers the maintenance station is warped right above the waste tray!!
It looks like it started to melt due to some high heat! what do you think could have heated up that high of temperatures to have caused that? I only see bunch of wires, the pump and metal plate above it...

randya

Hi Randy,
After reading your last comment I inspected everything around the maintenance station and the head looking for any damage that could have been caused by heat and noticed part of the plastic cover that covers the maintenance station is warped right above the waste tray!!
It looks like it started to melt due to some high heat! what do you think could have heated up that high of temperatures to have caused that? I only see bunch of wires, the pump and metal plate above it...

I dont know of anything in that area that could generate that kind of heat, but I will ask around.

Could it be due to some kind solvent?
Much more likely.

signfx

I don't think the area that has warped is in contact with any liquid.

Attachments

• mutoh Cover1.jpg
    mutoh Cover1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 103
  • mutoh Cover2.jpg
    mutoh Cover2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 93

John Butto

mine is just like that, it is from the solvent outgas in the waste tank which softens that plastic above it, it will never harden back and remain soft where the maintenance tray has a hard time sliding in and out

signfx

Thanks John,
Never thought about that! I was under assumption that the wast thank and the cover are the same plastic material...

h82loose

Omega 3. Do you have the cover switches bypassed? I believe they run on the same circuit and a bad connection might cause this.This is just a long shot.