• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1304 "NOT ORIGINAL INK" message

Jthompson Designs

Looking for help with my Mutoh 1304, I replaced two of the 4 ink ID boards, other two look fine, I kept having issues where the printer would error "NOT ORIGINAL INK" after removing the cartridge and replacing it a few times it would go away. I found there were pins that were bent on two of the boards, after replacing the message does not go away no matter what I do. Any help would be appreciated. I do run best jet bulk inks. This started happening after a banner run of 15 banners, the next day I turned the machine on and since then the machine has been down with the issue.

I have heard there is a bypass to the smart cards but not sure or who to talk with to eliminate this issue.

GTSTech_1

Have you tried a different Jet Best Cart? Perhaps the issue is with the chip on the cart. I would try a OEM ink cart to see if you get the same error, also clean the chip on the Jet Best with rubbing alcohol.

Just my .02

Jthompson Designs

Have you tried a different Jet Best Cart? Perhaps the issue is with the chip on the cart. I would try a OEM ink cart to see if you get the same error, also clean the chip on the Jet Best with rubbing alcohol.

Just my .02
I have tried new cartridges without any luck, unfortunately, I do not have any OEM ink. I have clean all contacts with alcohol.