Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mutoh 1304 "NOT ORIGINAL INK" message

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Jthompson Designs, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Looking for help with my Mutoh 1304, I replaced two of the 4 ink ID boards, other two look fine, I kept having issues where the printer would error "NOT ORIGINAL INK" after removing the cartridge and replacing it a few times it would go away. I found there were pins that were bent on two of the boards, after replacing the message does not go away no matter what I do. Any help would be appreciated. I do run best jet bulk inks. This started happening after a banner run of 15 banners, the next day I turned the machine on and since then the machine has been down with the issue.

I have heard there is a bypass to the smart cards but not sure or who to talk with to eliminate this issue.

Tags:
  2. Any help would be appreciated!

3. Have you tried a different Jet Best Cart? Perhaps the issue is with the chip on the cart. I would try a OEM ink cart to see if you get the same error, also clean the chip on the Jet Best with rubbing alcohol.

Just my .02

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have tried new cartridges without any luck, unfortunately, I do not have any OEM ink. I have clean all contacts with alcohol.

5. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

Hi. Let us help you. Please send us an email sales@premiercolour.com. It probably is the smart card on the cartridge. If you purchased Jetbest ink cartridge from us, we are more than happy to send you a replacement card.

6. I did purchase everything from you, I reached out to you and left you messages without any return calls.

7. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

Please pm me for your phone number. I will personally call you to assist this issue.

Feel free to call/text 949-209-7306.