• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1304 Printing Blurry / Fuzzy

GmanDesign

Ok so I've been dealing with this issue for over a week now and ca'nt figure it out. Spent hours on the phones with Tech Support @ Signwarehouse and I fell like we are going in circles. I'm getting a good Nozzle check so I know everything is firing.

So Far I've Checked:

Print Head Is Level
Replaced Entire Maintenance Station
Checked All Lines For Leaks
Restored Printer To Default
Restored FlexiPrint To Default
Changed Media
Changed Profiles & Setting
Cleaned Print Head

I'm lost at this point so I figured I'd ask on here and see what happens.

Attached a picture. Top is what I'm getting and the bottom is what it should look like.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 393

Stealth Ryder

right side of the Carrige Assy if memory serves on that model... you will notice it rides along/either side the encoder strip...

GmanDesign

Just wiped the strip with a dry lint free towel and got off alot of dust. blew the encoder itself off to. Running a test print now to see what happens.

Stealth Ryder

I use a non-shedding/lint free cloth with a small amount of alcohol... Clean the strip and the 2 insides of the sensor... Mist tends to accumulate on the in between the blades of the sensor...

Stealth Ryder

humm..... It has to have something to do with the encoder, commo or profile... Have you tried another profile? I still suspect encoder...

Stealth Ryder

I had a laptop once that had embedded 3G wireless, if the radio was on I would get this same effect.... Drove me crazy until I figured it out, just saying... Is radio interference new to the area around the RIP computer or printer, has anything changed in close proximity at/or about the time this started happeneing?

GmanDesign

I have tried about 6 different profiles with no change.

I setup the printer on my laptop with a fresh install of Flexi and it made no change aswell.

Only radio type device near my desk is my cell phone and ipad and they are sitting here pretty much everyday all the time.

henryp

The photo is not very clear but it looks like overspray to me, what is the printing direction of that sample?

Stealth Ryder

Is the Head level? Release the head from the Home positiom and compare the bottom of he Head to the Platen... I have seen this as well... If the Head is higher on one side or the other (Left or Right) this could be an issue... If so, it will need to be re-installed so that it is level...

GmanDesign

I took the pictures facing the printer do what you see is how is came out of the machine. The one that is clear is one from the customer last order i just stuck on to compare.

I'm on a concrete floor.

Head is level cause that was what I checked first.

Ken1f

I had the same problem last winter with my 1204. Couldn't figure it out until spring/summer when the humidity came back. I'm not sure but with mine I figure it must have been static caused by the dry winter air. Now the the humidity is up all the fuzzyness has gone away.