• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1304 Printing Blurry / Fuzzy

jhanson

Looking at the image in the OP, I'm assuming that the printhead scan direction was horizontal? It looks like the image is blurred in the vertical direction, which might suggest an issue with dirt on the PF encoder dial.

GmanDesign

fixed the problem the pf encoder disk was still dirty. Where can I buy a new PF encoder disk??

ran another test print and the blurryness is very faith now but still there. Gotta be that disk.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
fixed the problem the pf encoder disk was still dirty. Where can I buy a new PF encoder disk??

ran another test print and the blurryness is very faith now but still there. Gotta be that disk.
When you cleaned the disk did you also clean the sensor that reads it?
When I was having problems with the other (long) encoder strip that reads the left/right movement of the carriage, cleaning just the strip helped but the issues did not go away completely until I cleaned the sensor.
I removed it & used a lint free cloth (with some alcohol) wrapped around the edge of a credit card to clean down in the gap the strip passes through.
Swabbed until the cloth came out clean and the issue was gone.

wayne k
guam usa

dj_elite

Did you ever by any chance figure out what was causing the problem? Im having the same issues with my 1204. Perfect nozzle check and head height. Cleaned all encoders and sensors and theres no dirt coming off of them. Printer is mainly fine for large prints but you can see the fuzziness a lot during small prints