• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 streaks in magenta

azmaestro

I have replaced the cap and wiper in the service station, replaced the magenta damper and still get streaks. Attached close ups of prints, what gives

Attachments

• 20191205_113439.jpg
    20191205_113439.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 215
  • 20191205_113506.jpg
    20191205_113506.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 195

azmaestro

Streaks are clearly visible in the test, nozzles are flawless. What then?
20200203_083034.jpg

Attachments

• 20200201_104420.jpg
    20200201_104420.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 167

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately whenever I see a perfect nozzle check but there are still streaks in the actual prints it's a failing print head. Looks like your magenta is the problem for sure. How old is the head?

azmaestro

I would say at least 9 years, I had the head out and run cleaning fluid with a syringe through the manifold, there was a clean curtain from the nozzles.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would say at least 9 years, I had the head out and run cleaning fluid with a syringe through the manifold, there was a clean curtain from the nozzles.

In that case unfortunately it's probably a failing head. I generally see 3 to 5 years when using solvent inks. Anything over 5 is a good run. You could try replacing the head cables as there may be an electrical issue going on but that would be my last ditch solution. We have those heads in stock and it comes with a full set of dampers. We can also give you support to install it on your own.

azmaestro

Let me try the cables first, I placed an order on your website. I will definitely be in touch.
Thanks

Last edited:

azmaestro

I have the print head in the shopping cart. Can I also get 2 connector tubes, see photo?

Thanks

Attachments

• dampers.jpg
    dampers.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 136

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have the print head in the shopping cart. Can I also get 2 connector tubes, see photo?

Thanks

I can get them from Mutoh but only as a set of 8 and it's around $133 no joke. You can try using 2mm ink line but I can't guarantee that will work long term. I have done it in a pinch as a temporary fix and it worked.

azmaestro

I did exactly the same mod a month ago, you can probably notice in the photo, the second one from the left and it is still good. I'll order the head anyway.

Thanks