• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 troubles

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Fly Stealth Ryder in for repair if he is available.

I wouldn't pay that $10,000 bill because these parts were probably in good working order before repairs. It was tech's call to repair a specific part; not you asked him to repair.

cmwheeler

Brings up a good point, they are coming back today to change the encoder sensor. If this part swap still does not fix the machine is it reasonable to ask for a refund? After 5 weeks of lost production and parts (3 main boards now). I think the take up reel and the casters are about the only thing left to change.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Payment for NO SERVICE?

Brings up a good point, they are coming back today to change the encoder sensor. If this part swap still does not fix the machine is it reasonable to ask for a refund? After 5 weeks of lost production and parts (3 main boards now). I think the take up reel and the casters are about the only thing left to change.

Did you make payment with Credit Card? Put the charge in DISPUTE. Your machine is not working...yet...

CS-SignSupply-TT

IF you are not able to print jobs for customers, give Mike a call at INSIGNIA in West Carrollton 937-866-2341 tell him Tim Turner, CS Sign Supply told you to call

cmwheeler

I may need that help, thanks. Printer powered up and is printing a test print now. Too soon to call but at least the orange data light is on again!

cmwheeler

Printer ran all day today, good quality, no banding, no errors. Looks like the gremlin has moved on or just took a nap today. For now it looks like the $80 sensor fixed what thousands of dollars in main boards(3), motors, and heads(2) could not. I appreciate all the input, and Mr. Turner I would like to give you call, if it's ok. Thanks

Stealth Ryder

Fly Stealth Ryder in for repair if he is available.

I wouldn't pay that $10,000 bill because these parts were probably in good working order before repairs. It was tech's call to repair a specific part; not you asked him to repair.

Thanks for the vote of confidence...

That sensor malfunction could have been found easily by simple troubleshooting skills... The machine turns on motor circuits and sensor circuits in a specifc order while booting up... There are voltage test that can be done or simply removing each device one at a time for the boot-up process that would have clearly shown this device to be faulty within minutes...

Don't pay that bill other what you feel to be fair for the part and no more than 2 hours of Tech Time plus travel... JMO, I would not feel comfortable charging anyone anymore that that for a repair of that nature...

BTW, that sensor cost no where near $80.00... Off the top of my head I believe MSRP is $38.00... Just sayin...

Forgot to mention that there is a Diagnostic Tool specifically for that sensor if the machine is booted up in the Maintenance Mode....

Stealth

Last edited:

FatCat

Thanks for the vote of confidence...

That sensor malfunction could have been found easily by simple troubleshooting skills... The machine turns on motor circuits and sensor circuits in a specifc order while booting up... There are voltage test that can be done or simply removing each device one at a time for the boot-up process that would have clearly shown this device to be faulty within minutes...

Don't pay that bill other what you feel to be fair for the part and no more than 2 hours of Tech Time plus travel... JMO, I would not feel comfortable charging anyone anymore that that for a repair of that nature...

BTW, that sensor cost no where near $80.00... Off the top of my head I believe MSRP is $38.00... Just sayin...

Forgot to mention that there is a Diagnostic Tool specifically for that sensor if the machine is booted up in the Maintenance Mode....

Stealth

And this is why Stealth is such a great resource to us Mutoh users here on S101. He's pretty much seen it all, done it all, fixed it all. There is no advice I trust more in regards to problems with my Mutohs and nobody I could recommend that knows these machines better than him.

I dont think the sensor was the original problem. That was probably produced by the repair (HA HA). The initial problem was a yellow channel not printing. Damper did not fix. Ok . I move to cables and up the chain to main board. Just like stealth says. It's simple process of elimination. I have seen the solid black line of death before. That eventually blew main board fuse. Not sure if the head was shorted or the cables. I replaced both.

CS-SignSupply-TT

From a transplanted Buckeye

Printer ran all day today, good quality, no banding, no errors. Looks like the gremlin has moved on or just took a nap today. For now it looks like the $80 sensor fixed what thousands of dollars in main boards(3), motors, and heads(2) could not. I appreciate all the input, and Mr. Turner I would like to give you call, if it's ok. Thanks

I am sorry for your troubles. Glad you're back to printing. Please contact me at your convenience. I am happy to help. :thankyou: