• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Error List

SE SignSupply

Randy Anderson,

CPU errors tend to be expensive. I do know on the very first VJ1204's CPU errors would happen randomly in the printing operation. Mutoh updated the firmware and the issues were resolved. I would talk to Randy but the first thing I would do is update the firmware, past that, you may be looking at a new main board.

Ryan

randya

To access Firmware download mode on the ValueJet Printer, press and hold the Left arrow during power ON.

See if this works.

If not unplug the printer for half an hour or so and see if it starts up.

Power surge?

InnovativeKS

Will try when I get back to the shop. No power surges. The tech at Gregory had me do a test last week on the carriage servo motor and it failed at the end of that test. Then I got the CPU ERROR, and nothing since.

InnovativeKS

To access Firmware download mode on the ValueJet Printer, press and hold the Left arrow during power ON.

See if this works.

If not unplug the printer for half an hour or so and see if it starts up.

Power surge?

Holding the left button does nothing, still CPU ERROR.

Compilla

It seems like the mother board bite the dust.

Have you tried resetting the DIMM on the MoBo ?
See if Mutoh gives you the spects for a new DIMM and see if you can get a replacement locally.

Buying more RAM should be cheaper than buying new mother board.

Last edited:

Compilla

Remove the back cover off>locate the mother board> locate the RAM or DIMM
pull the 2 clips that hold it in place. Clean the contacts, put it back the same way .