• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh RJ6100 LCyan Comes out Purple in TEST print

R&L Printing

New guy here! Hello and thanks for trying to help off the bat. I bought my kit from CMYK Parts and everything is in and ready to print. Except that my Light Cyan is now purple. I try printing anything from flexi blues come out purple. This is very strange because even the factory test print pushing the 2 side panel buttons it comes out purple. Cyan, Black, Magenta, Light Magenta, Yellow are all ok but my problem is with LCyan. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Martin:U Rock:

R&L Printing

Profiles on a Test Print?

How can I check the profiles on the panel of the Falcon Outdoor? I know I have a profile problem on the Flexi but my Test Print from the panel should be coming out correct right or tell me if I am wrong and how to verify or fix it. Thanks for the reply:biggrin:

astro8

I don't know how the RJ6100 is setup but you've obviously got magenta/light magenta in your lines/head/dampers somehow.

Last edited:

R&L Printing

I find that to be pretty hard to swallow. All the liines are showing the correct color and the heads, dampers, pump are all new the color should come out Light Cyan especially when thats what I see on the lines. Very strange but thanks for the feedback. Anyone else?

sfr table hockey

If what you have is just contamination, can you print the test print where you print a 1 inch or about that, strip of each color. On the Roland it's in the service manual. By doing this you will clear out whats in the print head and hopefully you would start seeing more LC. Next would be to use a syringe and draw out some ink from that side of the heads by sucking through the capping station. Again to draw out any ink that is in the head and draw fresh stuff through. Do a cleaning and reprint a test print.

If the color beside the LC was also doing that it might suggest a crack in the head and the colors are mixing, but with only one doing this the LC might have sucked some LM into the print head.

How many cleanings have you done?

astro8

That printer has Epson 3000 heads?...I've seen weird colours coming out of mimaki jv2's with the same heads if you don't get the head cables pushed all the way in properly...just another thought.

msenjur

just had same problem today! Weird, isn't it??? :)

i just did a few strong cleanings and lightcyan is back normal.

randya

I find that to be pretty hard to swallow. All the liines are showing the correct color and the heads, dampers, pump are all new the color should come out Light Cyan especially when thats what I see on the lines. Very strange but thanks for the feedback. Anyone else?

Cross-contamination can be a small amount, just enough to fill the head, and not the dampers and ink lines.

Syringe or a few powerful cleanings should sort it out.