• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Rockhopper II 64" - All leds are blinking!! HELP!!

orfeo25

HI there

I own a Mutoh Rockhopper II, and since the thursday of the pass week i had an error, specifically Error 103 Fuse 2.
I mentioned the problem to my service tech, and they told me is a problem of one fuse in the motherboard, those who are black, small, with a number 50 in the top (look the pic). The technician, told me that are fuses of 2 amp, and are located near the connections of the printer-heads. With a tester I could check which of these fuses were gone.
I founded 2 of theses fuses that weren't working (chekecd with a tester), so I bought 2 fuses of these kind, and changed the olds for the new ones.

NOW, after welding the fuses to the motherboard, check that are ok, and reconstructed the machine, I turn on the machine and happen this:
1) the plotter hangs in boot
2) all the leds of the control panel are blinking
3) i can't turn off the plotter, the only way is unplug the power.

I'm waiting the verdict of the service tech, but these guy take their time...

What i did wrong? the fuses are well welded, and i didn't touch anything in the motherboard.
Could be a printhead burned that cause some kind of short circuit?
A problem with the head board?
The motherboard is gone?
Please HELP!!

Ps. sorry for my english, i'm from spain and google traductor doesn't know some technical terms...

Attachments

• fuses-motherboard RHII64.jpg
    fuses-motherboard RHII64.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 219

randya

It may be difficutl to diagnose what caused the fuses to burn in the first place.

That may still be the cause of your issues.

orfeo25

I just talked with the tech service, and they told me that is a problem in the motherboard (where exactly, they didn't know...).

So, anyone knows someone who's selling a motherboard for a Rockhopper 2 64"? or some web that sell mutoh's motherboards at good prices?

I'm wating the answer of mutoh europe, about the cost of the board...

sigh...

Techman

i would check for any solder bridges. If you replaced those fuses and welded them in with solder.
Also, wash off the solder flux. This stuff will cause an electrical leak too.

orfeo25

Techman:
What product i have to use to "wash" off the solder flux?
i donno if is that or what, but to try... thx

Graphics2u:
i emailed Atlantic computer service, and i'm waiting for some news

thx for your help guys