• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh running short on magenta ink?

edgette

Has anyone else heard this? My dealer informed me that they are having a hard time getting the magenta pigment so he ordered me two, one liter bags instead of one to get me through the shortage.

On a second note. Does anyone else run through the magenta ink faster ten everything else? I use nearly two to one compared to cyan or black. I am running a 1324 bought brand new in september 2011.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
It isn't unusual to use more magenta and yellow than cyan of black.

As for the ink shortage I haven't heard of any and I am one of the owners of Mutoh's third largest dealer in the US. I will double check tomorrow but I don't believe this to be correct.

FatCat

On both my 1204 and 1604 magenta is the highest used color. I typically use 2-3 liters of magenta for every 1 liter of black in the same period of time - if that gives you any comparison. Again, I am using bulk, but experienced the same thing using OEM cartridges.

*As for an ink shortage, I don't know why that would be...

heyskull

I do believe the dealer is either trying to off load old stock or he is in trouble with his supplier.
Maybe time to find a new dealer/supplier.

I had an issue with a supplier selling me Oracal 651 a couple of years ago.
I posted on a site questioning whether their was a shortage.
By the end of the day I had Oracal in Germany on the phone explaining their was no such shortage and giving me details of another supplier.

SC

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Yep

As a couple of other posters mentioned, Cyan and Magenta tend to be used more than Yellow and Black. It's just the way 4-Color printers create their hues.