• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Value Jet Conneciton Thru Serial Port

jaylem

The USB port was damaged and we are trying to connect thru the serial port. We are using a serial port adapter from the USB on the host side. We are using Flexi production manager. I understand that when the plotter was set up to communicate thru USB the serial port was disabled. How do I enable the serial port or disable the USB port on the plotter?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The only ports that ValueJets have are USB and Ethernet. If your machine has a serial port it must be a different model. What is your exact model so we can help you better?

jaylem

The USB port was damaged and we are trying to connect thru the serial port. We are using a serial port adapter from the USB on the host side. We are using Flexi production manager. I understand that when the plotter was set up to communicate thru USB the serial port was disabled. How do I enable the serial port or disable the USB port on the plotter?

Errrrr.....not value jet...value cut...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually with a USB to serial adapter you need to choose one of the COM ports. Also, some brands of adapter work better than others for some reason. I have not used that cutter yet but I have used Belkin brand adapters on other machines and they never fail me. Also, you could probably find someone to fix the USB connection for you. I use a local music equipment repair guy for stuff like that.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Make sure that you're using the right cable. There are about 3 different "standard" wiring patterns for a serial cable. If one came with the plotter, you'll need to use that one. If not, see if you can get one through your Mutoh dealer.

jaylem

Usually with a USB to serial adapter you need to choose one of the COM ports. Also, some brands of adapter work better than others for some reason. I have not used that cutter yet but I have used Belkin brand adapters on other machines and they never fail me. Also, you could probably find someone to fix the USB connection for you. I use a local music equipment repair guy for stuff like that.

the usb is soldered to control board $400 for complete assy...Otherwise, like you said, someone proficient in soldering computer boards to replace USB. The mutoh cutter is a private label machine built by GCC. It's a jaguar from what I've been told.

Eric Butler

I am experiencing this exact same problem right now. I have my Value Cut 600 attached with a Serial to USB adapter. It worked for a few days but now I just get a file error when I send the cut file. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Eric Butler

The cuter will take a job with 4 decals, cut and do everything it's supposed to. When I send the same job with 48 decals I get a "AAS FILE COMMAND ERROR"