• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet 1608...WOW!

Fuzzbuster

tell me about the board option for the Toucan

Steve

What would you like to know
Not trying to hide anything here

Not much to say about it ... Mutoh never got ours working properly

Makes for a great aluminium roller table :Big Laugh

Board option for ours was 25K

Without being a thread pirate

PM me if youre still looking for answers

Toucan LT... are still good work horses
we have 2 running from Production House

Tom Dalton

Matt,

If we had a job that had three 24"x18" corrugated plastic yard signs, can the Mutoh VJ-1608 print all three of them on 18"x24" material (unattended) or would they need to be printed on a larger 4'x8' sheet and then cut to down to size?

T

PS: I wish they had something like this with a big substrate feeder tray (kind of like the paper tray on a desktop inkjet printer) and you could load it with a stack of 18"x24" corruplast panels or change the size and load it with a stack of 24"x30" corruplast panels and print 20 or 30 signs without manually loading any substrate.

Graphix Plus Ink

The printer will print 3/8" thick media and has a 12lb rigid stock weight limit.
lol

I guess it's great for the price but to me it still sounds like a ValueJet with a table attached. To me that doesn't justify an EXTRA $25K. Mutoh compares it to flatbed printers because of the price attractiveness but compare it fairly to UV printers.

A UV printer for $45k IT's NOT! And does 3/8in WOW that's it?. Curious though how fast the ink actually takes to dry.
Interesting printer to say the least. I will keep watching for info so please post results and feedback. Thanks in advance all 1608 owners. I like to learn a thing or 2. Wish you the best.

"Legend 72HUV".

It's a rebranded Rasterprinter duh lol

P

ProWraps™

looks like a great low price machine. mutoh #1. im very happy with my valuejet and will be a mutoh customer for a long time.

Capital Signs

I think I'm on my way to being a Mutoh customer for a while too. I think the next purchase will be the 100" one... I just found out you need a compressor and a bit more jazz for the hybrid. That is a lot of noise for my neighbors, even though I wouldnt mind it much...

premiercolour

Merchant Member
for 45k?!, add another 45k to get an Agfa UV Flatbed. I've seen it printed on glass, wood, tile, whatever you could think of that fits on that flatbed gap.

MacDaddy

No, I don't own one but have been to training for repair... I have one at my disposal for testing........ You know, with Propane and Propane Products and all........

MV Signs

Matt,

You mentioned back in May, that there would be a couple of additional installations (of the 1608 Hybrid). Could you share any information on how these have went. I appreciated the input you shared regarding turning off the initialize function on sheets heavier than 12 lbs. Is that still working OK? Our business has a diverse offering from Wraps to Banners and Rigid ( Typ. 10mm 4x8 NuCorr @ ~ 20lbs). Haven't heard a lot about the Mubio ink... is that another new facet of this machine?

The 1608 flexability and price is tempting. Any of your additional installation results is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

MacDaddy

There was some initial problems with the Maintenance Assembly on these machines. Mutoh has replaced the Maintenance Assembly on all the machines I am aware of with a Second Generation Maintenance Assembly and it seems to have rectified all problems.

MacDaddy

Environmentally friendly ink composed of 80% plant derived substances that contains no harmful VOC’s
Produces vibrant colors
Outstanding color gamut with excellent light fastness
Higher productivity due to faster drying times
Improved scratch resistance
Ink can be used for both indoor/outdoor and rigid substrates applications
Four colors available (C, Y, M, K)
Overview
The market for environmentally-friendly inks is growing globally as governments worldwide continue to address the health
and environmental concerns associated with conventional solvent-based inks. Their new regulations call for dramatic reductions
of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) containing Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) into the environment. Graphics One
is a proud participant for the drive for eco friendly solutions by offering the Mutoh MUBIO inks, a breakthrough in ink technology.
The ink is recognized by the U.S. EPA’s Design for the Environment (DfE) program. The MUBIO inks have an outstanding
color gamut with excellent light fastness and allow users the possibility to print directly onto low-cost standard available
uncoated PVC and scrim banner media.
Ideal Applications
Application possibilities encompass production of photo-realistic prints, POP displays, corrugated plastics, polystyrene,
PVC, acrylic, polycarbonate, foam board, aluminum composite as well as long-term outdoor graphics, posters, banners,
street furniture, backlit displays, metal, canvas, vinyl, wall murals, signs, stickers and much more.
Features
The MUBIO ink is a revolutionary, high quality and environmentally friendly ink produced specifically for the ValueJet 1608
Hybrid printer. The MUBIO ink is recognized by the EPA Design for the Environment program. The MUBIO ink is composed of
80 percent plant derived substances, contains no harmful VOC’s and has faster drying times. The MUBIO provides extreme
durability, strong bonding to uncoated surfaces and great resistance to UV light. The MUBIO Inks is available in 880 ml ink
packs. In addition, the MUBIO ink provide high print quality while delivering the best health and environmental profile in the
marketplace.

MV Signs

Thanks MacDaddy.

Maintenance kit interesting, sounds like the Mutoh group responded quickly to a situation which is good to hear. The Mubio ink sounds positive. We checked prices compared to other ValuJet Eco inks and the Mubio seems right in line. 880ml is nice. Late last week we made contact with Mutoh in Phoenix to get an idea of units in field since unleashing it a few months back. Marketing indicated they would have a unit running at the SGIA in Atlanta. I plan on attending show in October (if we don't purchase before hand). Your information sounds pretty positive, and very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

MacDaddy

Your Most Welcome Sir... I approached this machine pretty much skeptical with it's abilities but after much testing am left very impressed with the 1608... I recommend it...

Just Learning

I am new to this site as a registered member, though I have visited a couple of times in the past to read comments. Sorry for the amount of questions to follow. THANKS to everyone that contributes.

I have been thinking of the next step in the sign business for me. I am primarily in the printing business, but signs have taken on a good 30% or more of my business simply using a 24" Roland plotter I purchased from a guy who had it in his garage. The machine is suffering from over use! But it is still going. It has made me a lot of money. I have been thinking of this Mutoh hybrid a lot. I was offered a deal and a half from a supposedly national supplier on this machine with a plotter and laminator along with new Flexi software. I have got on here in the past reading the comments concerning this supplier as well, and overall, they seem to be good. However, I do not really know a whole lot about other similar machines available, nor what to look out for. What are some similar capable machines to this one? I have read through a thread concerning 4 color v 6 color, and it seems to me I would not need the 6 color, especially for this next step I am making, as many conclude 6 color ends up not being a big deal. This machine seems to offer so many answers to so many needs that I have had and which could greatly expand my in house capabilities above even what I think I need at this time, I suppose I think it is too good to be true for the price. I notice an above question concerning the corroplast being printed on, having to print on 4x8 to get 3 24x18. Many times the 24x18 I get in has a bowe in it, are there any pressure rollers on this printer to keep the substrate flat around the printhead or could this be a problem. Does it matter which direction you print on the corroplast, due to the flute ridged surface? Is this the case with most machines or is it certain machines printhead design? Also, I really like using the 10mm and 5mm Alumicore. Can this machine handle this, and what of the adhesion of the ink on aluminum? Another asked regarding the length of the supply and delivery tables, are they long enough for 4x8 sheets or will there be a problem with the board weight hanging off the ends, damaging the print quality at the printhead? Also, the wave technology in the printing process, is the finished product still wavy or unnoticable to the naked eye? The original thread starter has not responded of late on this thread, the one with the machine, I would like to know what type of problems he has encountered since he has had the machine. Is the Mimaki about to come out with a hybrid that does the white ink which would be similar to this machine?
Thanks for any input.

Arizona Signs

Matt or any Mutoh Hybrid owner,

Have you ever printed on canvas on the hybrid? I have one and am trying to find the correct profile. Please let me know if you have. Thanks.

ncastrellon

Will this printer print directly to a magnetic roll? I'm not really crazy about printing to vinyl then mounting to the magnet, so if anyone can give me some input, this would really help in my decision to get this machine.