• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet - Anyone have any thoughts?

f3rri

ValueJet

I want to clarify something about the Valejet. There is no other printer on the marketthat is printing wave pattern technology. Mutoh holds the patent and if you think about it. This technology does just about the same as what digital cammo did for the military for the print industry. It breaks ups the visual lines that printers get with banding. I am still amazed at the quality of our demo unit. Infact I like not having to clean it once a week. We keep it on a 6hr clean and it works perfectly. As for print speeds 100-140/sqft has been achieved. We don't print any less unless there is 6pt fonts invoved. There is no need to print more than the 720x720.
As for material we keep an abundance of oracal 3651g. in stock. It devours it like candy. This seems to be our favorite material other than bantex. I had an opportunity to print on canvas and it has turned out phenominally.

I would recommend getting one through an authorized dealer vs SWH. Mutoh won't give you tech support and training wont cost you an arm and a leg.

-Chris

wylie

we bought a valuejet 64 with the take up reel about 2 months ago. i had been studying printers for almost 2 years, many good printers out there.
we have had great success so far, machine is simple to use. the falcon outdoor had several problems which seem to have been fixed by this machine, but an important issue is support and service. make sure your rep can provide service. know of one other shop with a 64" printer and 2 shops with the 48" printer, all are happy with the machines but for the extra dollars for the 64' printer you won't be sorry. take up reel is a must for long prints & increased print size for larger banners and vehicle wraps.
the machine will pay for itself if you have the work thru reduced cost of
of production, about $1.00 per sq ft substrate and ink, as many colors as you want, no weeding of materials and increased quality. you will need a laminator for extended outdoor use and scratch resistance. the printer uses eco solvent inks and we smell nothing while printing. once the material is laminated it does'nt matter what type of ink is used because it is sealed.

Urban Image

The ValueJet is far more reliable than the Falcon series. When it first came out there were hundreds on the field and there were only two service calls. I happen to know that at least one of them was a very simple user error.

The VJ seems to give you what you want fast, cheap, good, and easy. You'll have a bigger learning curve with a doorknob.

I attached a test print we ran on the ValueJet in our show room. It's an interior view of a cathedral on Photo Pro Glossy Tear Resistant Solvent Paper at 720x720 dpi. I don't have the best camera on the market so forgive me. I don't know how long it took to print because I set it to print and walked off to do something else. We also printed up a poster with The Incredibles that looked similar to this and the colors had so much pop we practically had to take cover. Unfortunately, they took it off somewhere before I could get a picture. It was at 1440 dpi, I believe.

Some people swear solvent printers print lower quality images than aqueous but when I look at the ValueJet's prints at just 720x720 and compare them to the HP 5500 and even the Kodak 1200i I tend to disagree.

Attachments

• VJ-Glossy-STRG54.JPG
    VJ-Glossy-STRG54.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

tjybcy

Help! Problem printing on magnetic material

Hello,
We have a fairly new ValueJet printer & tried printing on regular 30 mil Magnetic
material based on the suggestion of a sign supply company who said we
could successfully do this with the Mutoh.

However, the heads of the printer actually moved the magnet material
during printing, so we stopped the machine immediately. Since that time,
there are horizontal lines in the black & cyan only, but not yellow &
magenta. We have completed several cleaning cycles, but this has not
helped. Did we damage something?? Has anyone successfully printed directly on magnetic material on a ValueJet or on any other digital printer?

By the way, so far, we love our VJ!! It's great!
Thanks for any help.

Valentino

probably had a head strike. call mutoh technicial support. 1-800-900-MUTOH there support staff is really nice and always friendly with my barrage of questions.

I get my VALUEJET IN T minus 12 hours. how exciting. It is scheduled to come tomorrow at 1pm.

I can't wait to get it and start making money!

Urban Image

Almost any technician will tell you to never run magnetic material through a printer. There are computer chips and hundreds of metal components that it can or will damage. You can buy magnetic material separately and adhere the print to it but I never suggest running it through a printer, especially a brand new printer, for the same reason that you don't put magnets on your computer.