• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet Question

MVIP

When you are not using your printer. How do you "park" it? Handle up-No Media? Handle down-media?

Not sure which way is correct, but curious how everyone else does it.

-Matt

D&Tgraphics

Handle up always. It will help to not cause flat spots on the rollers. As far as media it depends. I don't see an issue either way.

heyskull

It won't power off with the rollers up!!!
But I also lift them up afterwards.
Do the same on all our plotter/printers

MVIP

It won't power off with the rollers up!!!
But I also lift them up afterwards.
Do the same on all our plotter/printers

Now here is where it gets technical! Does it sleep when rollers are up? And more importantly will it perform cleaning cycles?
-Matt

LenXIII

That's odd. Mine powers off just fine with rollers up, but the print heads must be on LOW. But yea, I do the same as everyone else...handle up no media print head low.

PMG

That's odd. Mine powers off just fine with rollers up, but the print heads must be on LOW. But yea, I do the same as everyone else...handle up no media print head low.
Mine powers off with the handle up as well.

MacDaddy

No, in order for the machine to execute a Cleaning Cycle it must have media in it and the Media Rollers must be down... Don't make any sense to me but is a fact...

MachServTech

These machines were designed to run run run. They dont like to sit for long periods. If you can load some scrim in the machine when you are not using it and make sure you perform daily maint. I'm sure you wont get flat spots in the pinch rollers (thats where this was directed?) If the machine will sit idle with no daily maint for more than 2 weeks (for sure) then you should consider using flush carts to flush the inks and drape some plastic over it to keep shop dust out.

MacDaddy

Agreed... Still, as much as they promote Self Cleaning & raising the Media Rollers when not in use looks like we could do both at the same time... Just a simple Firmware adjustment is all we need here folks.

randya

I leave all mine 'locked and loaded 24x7' as well.

MachServTech is correct, if you letting it sit for 2 weeks or more, you probably should flush it out.