• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet Question

MVIP

Well, If you're not printing for 2 weeks you have a whole other set of problems!:rock-n-roll:

True!

Fortunately, I don't have that problem!

But what about the weekend? (Like any of us can take the weekend off) If the handle is up and the heads are low could you lose nozzles?

I usually do leave both of mine locked and loaded 24/7. :thumb:

Only problem is my 1304 doesn't seem to power down when loaded.

randya

The Eco Ultra Ink set has been very forgiving.
For a while we turned all of ours off for the weekends and just let them sit.
Now we leave them on.
We try and mimic what real shops are doing, well except for the volume of course.

It is important to have the head height in low and have a clean cap and head for a good seal. Air leaks in that area can contribute to drying nozzles.

Most lost nozzles (short term causes) can be quickly retrieved by 'soaking the head', or diapering as I call it. Place a non-shedding clean room wiper soaked in cleaning solution over the cap and gently push the head back over the capping station and let sit for 20 minutes. This puts solvent in contact with the nozzles and can soften any plugs, immediately do a cleaning then a nozzle check.

MVIP

The Eco Ultra Ink set has been very forgiving.
For a while we turned all of ours off for the weekends and just let them sit.
Now we leave them on.

Guess I am just paranoid. Back in the days when we ran Arizonas, they would plug up while you were printing.

Thanks Guys!

-Matt