• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Vj-1638 In Need Of New Head?

lillhannus

If you're using flexi in production manger for the Weaving Effect you can select super fine wave a or b this allows you to print from just the a channel or just the b channel. I'm using v10 so i don't know if the newer version looks the same.
I have a 1604 which has one print head so this might not apply to your printer.

I´m using Onyx 12.05 and it lets me choose between those effects. I tried this just now and without results.

lillhannus

Did you solve this? I have that exact same problem with both cyans...

No i didn't, I got an Epson 80600 instead. It has made my life much easier.
After much research it seems that the Mutoh cyan ink is the main cause. Mutoh exhanged heads on goodwill a couple of years ago but not anymore.

My other Mutoh is beginning to slowly die aswell so maybe another Epson will make its way to the family.

rogermiro

rogermiro
Hi,
Today I experienced something wrong with my prints, the cyan was all over the place. You could say that it was like a mist of cyan on the vinyl next to the printed area.

I'll post a pick of an adjustment pattern where you can see that it is head nr2 that´s the issue . Let me know what you think I should do. New head maybe?

I´ve tried soaking the heads in the capping station for about half an hour and performed two long cleanings after that. I also made sure that the capping station connected well to the print head and that there are no clogs in the vacuum lines.

View attachment 127197
Have the same problem; my 4the printhead is broken in 1year. Mist in Cyan. I use bulksystem whit UMS ink. Mutoh say "Not home"

roger