Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first wrap

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by Kemble, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Kemble

Kemble Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Colorado
    So my dad has been bugging me to do something to his tailgate now that I got my printer.

Oracal 3651 w/210 Lam. Took me about 20-30 minutes to apply. Not too bad for my first wrap attempt. I'm not too happy with the tailgate handle but he was ok with it. We'll see how it holds up to the Michigan weather.

myfirstwrap.jpg Offsite pics replaced. Please observe our rules on photo posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    Tags:
  2. Mason

Mason Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Boston
    Looks good, couple things though, 3651 is calendared material, you should be using cast. As for the tailgate handle, you wouldnt have had an issue with either 3951ra or 3M ij180.
    But I like it overall

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
  3. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    I like the the look indeed, next time you can adjust the design to miss the handle on a key spot of design, like on this lowering eagle.

but it sure looks nice way cool

4. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    Looks nice. A relative's vehicle is a great way to test things out.

My only slight crit on the design is that maybe the soldiers silhouette could have been reversed as to not be aimed at the eagle.

5. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    are they soldiers or taliban?

6. Kemble

Kemble Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Colorado
    oops, typo... I meant 3165RA