• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My homemade vinyl racks

Haakon

Keeping up with the others. I thought I'd show my basic but functional vinyl racks for my 24" rolls.

Used some particle board sheets and some 2x4" found in the garage, and bought a load of (insert fancy word for broomhandle) material.

Set about marking and drilling holes, 2 sheets at a time so the holes would line up perfectly. Then assembled them with a 2x4 in between to space them apart. The reason for this is to make the poles stay in place when loaded with heavy vinyl rolls. Even with a full new roll they do not budge at all (lucky with that). It does not come clearly across in the pics, but the racks are angled slightly backwards for added stability. They are also made to size to fit under my worktable, so now I can fit about 70 rolls without taking up any "real estate" in the room.

Attachments

• IMG_1972.jpg
    IMG_1972.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1974.jpg
    IMG_1974.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1975.jpg
    IMG_1975.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2797.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 90

Gino

Premium Subscriber
All of our dowels are drilled with about a 15% or 20% slant to make sure nothing falls off. Ya never know with the bigger rolls.

vinyl storage-3.jpg

Haakon

I like Oracal, but even more it's the relationship to the rep I like. Always very helpful, quick to respond and really great prices at that. And my loyalty to them is rewarded, I get the full discounted price for ordering a full roll, no matter how little I order, so if I need just 5 yards, the price is 1/10 of a full 50 yard roll. Since it's European the pricing is also far better than brands imported from US (3M, Avery etc). Oracal 751 is somewhere between 1/3 and 1/4 the price of 3M 100 series and Avery 900 series. Nobrainer really.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nice design, very smart idea.
During carnival season it looks like you could use them as a plinko game.

wayne k
guam usa

omaan

Nice designs!!
I liked the way you have put them all together!!!
The best is your colorful rolls!!
Hats off to your creativity!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Clever. If you would have drilled through the other side at the same angle you could have inserted dowels and made the thing two sided. Just the ticket to fit beneath a free standing table.