• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My personal truck wrap for work

AlexT

I would have put a nice pair of breasts in a bikini on there, with the slogan "Some things are not meant to be wrapped!"

It is semi nice. The colors are catchy, but the text is not good, should have used plain fonts, with either black or white text. To be honest with you most car wraps I have seen are unreadable for the most part, unless its one or two colors with very little text.

Also Bently might come after you for the name, just don't drive past by their dealership, if there is one in your area.

Nice wrap job however, the seams are right on.

iSign

well, you already took a beating posting that here... but one must admit, you have left youself open to a number of justifiable critiques from which you can learn. Now that you have to suffer the reality of critique, do yourself a favor and don't deflect that advice with excuses... embrace the opportunity to learn from the critiques.

text could have been a more simpler type style, but was trying to show different things and text available. I know there is easier type styles to read, but had several sujestions on using something other than the ordinary
...you have to admit, that there is pure BS. I mean, I don't doubt you believe it... but text should be legible. Don't show people that curved, condensed or poorly contrasting outlines are "available" by using it to spoil your wrap... it doesn't matter if it is available if it can't be read.

Pat Whatley

More attracts attention, people who catch this from the corner of their eye, will turn and look very hard at it. They will see and read the message.

:Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh
That just made me spew milk all over the keyboard!

Bentley Sign

I understand by putting this on this site, that i am putting it out there to be judged. And With the text the way it is I know it would have some negative replies. We had the text on the truck in Arial black in simple black and white collors. It was very easy to read, but looked just like every other plane shop truck out there running around that can go to the corner sign shop and get vinly letters put on the side of their work truck.

I know that using this truck to advertise, being easy to read is a major factor in advertising. But the pictures dont do the type styles justice. They are easier to read in person and the others here in the shop likes seing something different.

I do appriciate all the comments, I put it on here to get them.

Either way, We have sold a dozen wraps off this truck. Went to the bank yeasterday and got 3 calls within a hour of getting back.

Someone's able to read it!

Thanks
Joel

Deaton Design

What's it say?
Love....Jill
A little harsh Jill.

I think its a good job and people will notice it. The colors and all will attract attention and thats what you want. People will actually make an effort to read it so they can call you and ask about it. I might have done things different as would have some of the others, but its still a good looking job.

Flame

It's okay, but could've been done a world better. Nothing is legible other than that "B" logo.

It does stand out though, and that is pretty important. They'll make an effort to read it then. But........... man, just a little more time and it could've been WAY easier to read. Which is also more important.

You say you've sold 5 wrap jobs with that truck. Now that's good, but what I'm saying is that if you made some changes, you might've sold 8. Make sense?

Deaton Design

I dont know, maybe my eyes are better, but I can read all of it, especially the www and the wrap it copy. The only part I see that is debatable as far as reading is the part on the back, but still readable. We all would have done it differently, but the job shows what his shop can do. If it gets work its doing its job.

JimJenson

:Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh
That just made me spew milk all over the keyboard!

What are you suppose to say, The job is already done, the vehicle owner is proud of his handiwork. So I pulled a few a nice comments outta my hat, shoot me for being a nice guy and not insulting the guys work.

dswanson

uhm you're supposed to tell the truth. not tell people what you think they want to hear. what good does that do anyone? if you are here to blow smoke and be a yes man why say anything at all? it surely accomplishes nothing and does not help the OP progress. but glad you feel good about it insert rolling eyes here

skyhigh

Either way, We have sold a dozen wraps off this truck. Went to the bank yeasterday and got 3 calls within a hour of getting back.

Thanks
Joel

I don't know Joel....... I don't mean to be harsh or hurt your feelings, but if that wrap has sold you a dozen others, then I would guess it has sold 2 dozen for your competition.

Outside of the bright colors, I don't see anything I like.

Sorry dude....chock it up to "Different Strokes for Different Folks" maybe? Evidently others like it, and that is all that matters.

JimJenson

uhm you're supposed to tell the truth. not tell people what you think they want to hear. what good does that do anyone? if you are here to blow smoke and be a yes man why say anything at all? it surely accomplishes nothing and does not help the OP progress. but glad you feel good about it insert rolling eyes here

Thank you.
Your insightful comments have changed my life forever!

M

MANNING

The arch on the bed, alone, would defintely sell jobs here
Who cares if you can read it.....You can do an arch! i"ll have two.

Every customer that walks in our office has one question....can we do an arch?

cptcorn

adad
CV Signs:
It is not the same as the bentley car logo, although it does share some of the same characteristics.

Thanks
Joel:thankyou:

Kinda is borderline legal there, but you gotta admit one thing. Bentley DOES say fine craftsmanship like no other brand.

It's illegal... Just because it shares similar attributes doesn't mean its ok... You made your logo to resemble the Bentley Logo. That is intended confusion between the brands. You are open to a lawsuit.

You wouldn't get away with if you named your company Bentley Trucks... Same shit in the pot, just stirred differently. You might have some footing if you're in Bentley, TX. Even then, the wings, the B, yeah... I hope Bentley doesn't go after you...

Mikeifg

I understand by putting this on this site, that i am putting it out there to be judged. And With the text the way it is I know it would have some negative replies. We had the text on the truck in Arial black in simple black and white collors. It was very easy to read, but looked just like every other plane shop truck out there running around that can go to the corner sign shop and get vinly letters put on the side of their work truck.

I know that using this truck to advertise, being easy to read is a major factor in advertising. But the pictures dont do the type styles justice. They are easier to read in person and the others here in the shop likes seing something different.

I do appriciate all the comments, I put it on here to get them.

Thanks
Joel

Just download more fonts and try it out again. Also try using photoshop. You can really tell between a flexi design and photoshop design.