Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My special offer to every Signs101 member. 10/14 thru 10/20/2020.

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by Robert Armerding, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Well, besides being a good listener, you're also very observant. A very good quality in my opinion. Much more so than listening. You're aware of your surroundings and that could save your life sometime, seriously.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  2. Robert Armerding

Robert Armerding Merchant Member

Mar 3, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    As we have seen in the variety of comments, there are different ways to express the art of listening. The scope of listening is all in the mind of the thinker.

In this post, I want to emphasize the concept of making more money. That concept is so easy to misunderstand.

It starts by being a giver.
    Quality listening is one of the most valuable gifts you can give to another person. In sign making, it could be a colleague, or a client. They will feel valued, that they are worth your time, and that you are interested in them.

It all contributes to your making more money and it does so in what is described as a soft skill.
    Maybe think of it this way. Pay premium attention to get paid your premium price.

Much more to follow in future threads.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020 at 10:33 PM
  3. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Come on spit it out. She came in and walked out, that's the story. I read all of that and didn't even pause the tv. I'm on to your tricks here ladies.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
  4. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    My scenario today was an elderly couple. And it all started with an "Oh, I just gotta show you....". She, too, had the magic purse of doom...and kept pulling out one thing after another...hell-bent to give me a bit o'inspiration for her project. The old gent paced throughout the shop like a raccoon on speed, and I think my blood pressure resembled the NYSE stock ticker had Amazon been selling for a dollar a share.

My big break came when she promptly announced to her husband that she needed to be in search of a rest room...and fairly quickly.

Thank you Mother nature...I owe you...big time!

It took a beer and another full hour of them being gone before I could focus again.

JB

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020 at 10:52 PM
  5. Chuck B

Chuck B Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Richmond, VA
    You guys are hilariously entertaining...the only conversations I can follow (for more than 20 seconds)...without getting to my second "that's crazy" comment/thought....;)

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  6. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    I like "no way" , "sweet", or "I can do that" after 20 seconds. I am sure Robert has some better ones,only 3 days left people.

7. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    I like Henry Fords approach to listening. I sell black cars, if you don't like it, get out. It worked well for him

8. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    That sounds racial. You best splain yoself.