• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Valuejet Problem

Valentino

ok, so I went to turn on my valuejet today and do some printing, so I send a mosylt black banner to the printer. I walked away and come back about 20 minutes later and the banner looks AWFUL.

there is white banding all thoughout the black, I am using Wave 4 and graphics 2.

I ran two economy cleanings without success, so I ran a strong, checked out the print (with no success) and then I squirt alittle 91% alchol and ran another strong cleaning again.

Wha'ts weird is I am getting a perfect nozzle check and my alignment is good too.

anyone have this problem?

Derf

Fixer Heater setting
print options not set correctly
Bad File
your RIP

If you have a good nozzle check then it is probably not the printer.

Valentino

ok, ran some more tests.... changed the profiles and heater settings, for all three profiles and the profile turned off with lower and higher heat settings it all came out bad.

it was printing fine a week ago, so not settings have really been changed.

bad file- for the tests i was printing out a black square from flexi

rip- i restarted it and it still was bad.

Derf

What Rip are you using?

What DPI do you have your output set at?

Are you printing Bidirectional or Unidirectional?

Valentino

i get the lines both bi and uni.

rip, is adobe photoscript 3, from flexisign pro 8v1.1

dpi...i get the lines at 540, 720 and 1440.

Steve C.

Have you called Tech Support? Where did you buy it? If you got it at
SW Tech Support is forever. Call Ron.

Steve C.

Please let us know what you find out. I thought the new weave pattern
was supposed to eliminate banding....????
:help:

Matt Cuellar

If you have accurate profiles (outside of the manufacturer's profiles), I would say the wave pattern eliminates 90% of all banding normally experiences on standard print swaths.

What type of media are you printing on?

Matt

Todd M Castle

I was going to put 90% also so if we both thought that then yep 9 out of 10 prints that would have had banding will not with the ValueJet for example. Thanks Matt.

Valentino

My case is not usual banding, this is banding cause by a malfuction or error, not by the wave pattern. The printer seems to not be shooting dots and leaving awful patterns and lines

I have the tech's at SW scratching there heads.

Valentino

oracal 3460, oracal 3951, zeelon banner and optix banner.

different materials, same lines. 3951 comes out the worst though.

Valentino

they are sending a technician out to look at the printer tomorrow. it's not the printhead and it's not flexi, so they are going to look at the mainboards and printboards as well as the T fence and the railings

Valentino

so the technician came out from Mutoh, and we printed some samples, cleaned the heads, physically cleaned the heads, updated the firmware, he took off the back and flipped some switches, reset my microprint, played with my stepper motor, cleaned again, and WA-LAAAAA back to printing again. The Guys at Mutoh are really nice helpful people! THANKS MUTOH!