• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Valuejet Problem

Graphics2u

so the technician came out from Mutoh, and we printed some samples, cleaned the heads, physically cleaned the heads, updated the firmware, he took off the back and flipped some switches, reset my microprint, played with my stepper motor, cleaned again, and WA-LAAAAA back to printing again. The Guys at Mutoh are really nice helpful people! THANKS MUTOH!

So did he really say what was the problem? Or did he just do enough things it started working and you really don't know what was causing the problem?

Steve C.

Whenever you get a chance to watch one of the tech guys in action
you should watch closely and ask lots of questions, so when it happens
again you can do it yourself. It's very important to learn how to service
you own machine.

Valentino

he said he really wasn't sure what caused it. But i stood there and asked him a ton of questions and he showed me how to do alot of things myself. He said that after the warranty is up, that I need to become my own technician, and he show some tricks.

Color Dude

Urban:

I have one Question?

Why do say things such as "Thats where the difference between the ValueJet and the PrismJet shows up"?

Its the same printer..nothing different, SW OEMs the ValueJet under their name which is PrismJet. Other than that it is the same printer. Read the post, up above, SW sent out MUTOH. The only reason Mutoh went there is becaue Valentino is in Arizona, which happens to be the home office for the Mutoh America. Otherwise GEI Calgraph would have went to his site.

Derf

after the one year warranty you need to become the technician no matter who you buy the printer from.

Amen Brother!

So Mutoh came out to your place??? Wow.. your lucky.. The people at Mutoh rock. I can not say the same for GEI CalGraph

Valentino

yeah I got Ken Lee to come out, he was such a helpful guy, he said to give him a call if I have any problems.

actually everyone at Mutoh is pretty helpful.

after my warranty is up I will have to go to mutoh to cry and beg outside until they help me, lol :p

Last edited:

Derf

alright, well in the case of roland, after two years you really need to become your own technician.

laughing1.gif

skyhigh

just thought I'm mention it....was hoping to spur a little more discussion (being that your problem is resolved, and the topic had shifted to warranty). I was curious if that 2 yr warranty would influence your decision, if you were buying a printer today? Maybe I should have started my own thread....so sorry.

I should have been a dentist....I allready know what its like pulling teeth.:rolleyes:

Derf...don't get out much, do ya buddy?

VinylCraft

Amen Brother!

So Mutoh came out to your place??? Wow.. your lucky.. The people at Mutoh rock. I can not say the same for GEI CalGraph

GEi have been here on and off now for a few weeks. And everytime they came they broke something eles and i get left paying for the parts and labor. 18 hours @ 175.00 hour + 2 new print heads,pump,printer carrage,ink line,dampers ect do the math. And this machine isn't even 4 months old. Anyone want to buy this thing from me?

randya

Chris,

You have a 4 month old ValueJet with a 1 year warranty and you are paying for parts and labor?

How is that?

VinylCraft

Mutoh outdoor JR. I was sold the wrong ink and yes my fault i'll take the blame on replacing the one black print head. But everything eles? I thought these guys were trained in what they do.

Compilla

Mutoh outdoor JR. I was sold the wrong ink and yes my fault i'll take the blame on replacing the one black print head. But everything eles? I thought these guys were trained in what they do.

Then the people who sold you the wrong INK, needs to pay for their mistake.

Urban Image

after the one year warranty you need to become the technician no matter who you buy the printer from.

That isn't entirely true but it does depend on the circumstances. Also, "Free installation DVD!" is usually replaced with "Free on-site setup and training!" on the 'ValueJet'. If you want a cheap printer, buy the PrismJet. If you want service, buy the ValueJet. I think that has been said enough times in other words for it to be generally accepted.

And the techs at GEI Calgraph not quite on par with Mutoh techs. Go with a company that is certified by Mutoh for service if service is important to you.