• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My vector dude

777signs

here is my question, what would you charge for this. I need one done of my dad who passed away 6 months ago. Got a number from someone, but didn't get a chance to call them. If someone here can do it, I would rather give my business to those who I am learning from on this forum.

Steve C.

here is my question, what would you charge for this. I need one done of my dad who passed away 6 months ago. Got a number from someone, but didn't get a chance to call them. If someone here can do it, I would rather give my business to those who I am learning from on this forum.

If you want a top notch professional job...call John Deaton.
www.thetoonfactory.com

you might post up some pictures here. If guys are willing to experiment
with this one free. Maybe?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer

There seems to be some confusion on this thread, Are you looking for a cartoon characature, or what Flamey was looking for... A vector photo? That might help lead you in the right direction.

TheSellOut

That's why I posted the auto trace. You can make them as good or rough as you want.

You can Autotrace but from my own experience, you will never get it to look as good and crisp as the one Rick or Steve C did! Nice work guys and thanks for another great link Rick

HaroldDesign

For something like this I print it out on acetate, fine marker a "contrast" version by hand with a fine point marker, scan into Illy, auto trace and fix some nodes. Realistically a one hour job that looks quite nice.

777signs

Here are 2 pictures, he always liked wearing a cowboy hat, but the detail is bad in this picture. Also is a good picture of him 20 years ago without a hat, but detail is good.

Attachments

• davidndad.jpg
    davidndad.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 106
  • dad.jpg
    dad.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 95